Author Topic: einhill blade problem  (Read 1722 times)

mikeBuk

einhill blade problem
« on: July 03, 2013, 07:20:18 am »
I recently started using an Einhill scrollsaw, when first using it I used the T blades that I received with it, although restrictive on entry hole size, it seemed to work OK. Couple of days ago I received flat end blades, and upon installing, found that it would run fine for a few seconds, and then would free the blade either end randomly. They are installed really tight and initially seem fine. I tried to contact tech support but was told "HE" was not in until next week  ???. Anyone have any experience with this machine, or any thoughts on my problem, Mike UK

Offline julief

• View Profile
Re: einhill blade problem
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 09:45:02 am »
Hi Mike.  Start off by cleaning the ends of the blades.  There is a little oil residue on them and either clean them off with mineral spirits or alchohol or run a little sand paper over them.  This will determine if it is the blades or the blade clamps. 

mikeBuk

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 10:21:47 am »
Thanks Julie, i will try that, I also took apart the clamp and found that it was quite polished on the face which would also cause problems.

Offline daveo

• DT CRAFTS LINCS UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 11:16:43 am »
Mike
Can you show a photo of the blade clamp, as if its what I think, I might have the answer
Dave

mikeBuk

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2013, 05:17:43 pm »
Hi Dave, my camera doesn't want to play at the moment, can you try and explain what it is your looking for, then hopefully you may be able to help.

rob roy

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2013, 05:53:19 am »
Hi Mike, is there a possibility you need a clamp adapter to take pinless blades??.
Rob Roy.

mikeBuk

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2013, 06:18:12 am »
No Roy, that comes as standard with it, but thanks for your response, Mike

Offline daveo

• DT CRAFTS LINCS UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2013, 12:46:23 pm »
Mike
I have posted two pics CL1 and CL2
Which clamp are you using, if using CL1, then take the clamp off the machine hold it in a pait of pliers and hold it to the light so that you can see through the clamping slot, now tighten the screw, you will now see that by virtue or the design that the slot closes from the front of the slot, leaving a slight gap closer to the clamping screw.
In conclusion this means that if you are using heavier blades such as a 7 or 9 then they will clamp ok, but anything thinner and they just wont hold.

If you are using CL2 then it could well be a case that the ends of the grub screws are not truly flat, and thus they clamp only part of the blade, and then with a little vibration and force against the blade they just pop out.

IN either case it is not ideal and has driven me crazy at time, so when I have got all my current orders ready for posting tomorrow I will take the clamps off my machine and shoe what I did to correct the problem
HTH
Dave

SMF

Teknoromi