Author Topic: Received e-mail scam  (Read 3046 times)

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
Received e-mail scam
« on: April 10, 2014, 09:28:04 am »
I received this e-mail this morning. It is obviously a scam and I have reported it. Actually had a good chuckle reading so I thought you might enjoy. I have edited/disabled the links for safety reasons.  ::)  ::)  ::)

Anti-Terrorist and Monetary Crimes Division
FBI Headquarters in Washington, D.C.
Federal Bureau of Investigation
J. Edgar Hoover Building
935 Pennsylvania Avenue,
NW Washington, D.C. 20535-0001

We, office of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) hereby write to inform you that we caught a diplomatic lady called Mrs. Vernon Wallace at (John F Kennedy International Airport) here in New York with consignment box filed with united state dollars.

Meanwhile, base on our interview to the diplomat she said that the consignment box belongs to you, that she was sent to deliver the consignment box to your doorstep not knowing that the content of the box is money. The diplomat also said that her first transit in the state was at Cincinnati Northern Kentucky International Airport Ohio.

Now, the diplomat is under detention in our office (FBI) security, and we cannot release her until we carry out our proper investigation on how this huge amount of money managed to be yours before we will release her with the box. So, in this regards you are to reassure and prove to us that the money you are about to receive is legal by sending us the Award Ownership Certificate showing that the money is not illegal.

Note, that the Award Ownership Certificate must to be secured from the office of the senate president in Nigeria, because that is the only office that will issue you the original Award Ownership Certificate of this funds since it has been confirmed that the fund was originated from Nigeria.

You are advised to forward immediately the Award Ownership Certificate if you have it with you, but if you did not have it we will urge you to contact our representative in Nigeria bellow this message to help you secure the Award Ownership Certificate if at all you did not have it.

Name: Dr. Umudim Okporo
Email: dr.umudimokporo_private&ymail.com

Furthermore, we are giving you only but 3 working business days to forward the requested Award Ownership Certificate.

Please note that we shall get back to you after the 3 working business days, that if you didn?t come up with the certificate we shall confiscate the funds into World Bank account then charge you for money laundry, but if you forward the Award Ownership Certificate then we will release diplomat with your consignment box also gives you every back up on the money.

Thanks for your understanding and co-operation.

FBI Director
James B.Comey  
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 09:31:48 am by Russ C »
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
Re: Received e-mail scam
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 10:09:29 am »
That has to be the funniest I have seen.  Thanks for the smile.  The sad part is some people fall for some of these.
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 10:13:46 am »
I would have expected the director of the FBI to have a better command of the English language Russ. :D
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 04:07:58 pm »
Funny Russ,
I just checked my "junk" folder and I got the same message.  We will have to get together to help each other spend our boxes of money.
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 04:31:39 pm »
I had the exact one in my junk folder too, I always like to read these and get a laugh, the crappy english is what is funny, most of these are typed that way, some are actually typed like that by foreigners not very good with the english, but still funny to read.

Offline cdrover(Clyde)

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2014, 07:41:18 pm »
Darn I didn't get an e-mail like that, What is the matter Canadians not good enough? I think I deserve a box of money toooo! ;D ;D
What are we here for but to help others. (Author unknown)
Clyde

Rover2

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2014, 08:49:17 pm »
I NEVER open anything in my junk mail unless I know exactly who it is so I can't say if I have ever received anything like that.  Whoever started this one needs to go back to school to learn how to talk.  Funny Russ.  Thanks for giving us a heads up.

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2014, 04:44:54 am »
 :D :D :D :D :D :D  That was a good one.

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2014, 07:15:28 am »
Glad everyone enjoyed it.  :)  @ Bill, I know what I am spending my box of money on, Tools and Wood !!  :D  :D  :D
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

lennywin

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2014, 05:16:01 pm »
Mister Russ,
When box of money yours comes will you for me buy me ah EX-30?  I'll agree to dispatch myself to travel to your state of Sunshine and come and retrive it up.  It nice would be should you get for me stand and pedal for foot.  If trouble not to much attachment for sucking dust and light for cing also would be nice.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 05:21:56 pm by lennywin »

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2014, 06:42:35 am »
had the same email.....
so, FBI..... Europe...... LOL

Think my middle name is Thomas here, first see then believe, so...
I'm always waiting that they actually stand on my doorstep handing over the money ;)
Marcel

sometimes I make designer firewood....

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2014, 12:15:05 am »
had the same email.....
so, FBI..... Europe...... LOL

Think my middle name is Thomas here, first see then believe, so...
I'm always waiting that they actually stand on my doorstep handing over the money ;)

Yes Mr. Doubting, don't forget to breath we wouldn't wanting you to breath holding be!

LOL
Yoda Gabby
May the farce be with you.  ;D
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

SMF

Teknoromi