Author Topic: BB ply wood puzzle 1/4 think  (Read 1204 times)

Offline spiderman

• Spiderman
    • View Profile
BB ply wood puzzle 1/4 think
« on: September 03, 2013, 06:33:02 pm »
The FD puzzle blades gets dul fast cutting BB plywood is there's a better blade that would last longer?

I have been cutting out jigsaw puzzles.... 
They are awasome and hard to put together they are awasome puzzle that you can't buy at a store.

SPIDERMAN THE KING OF THE WEB

Offline Danny

• View Profile
Re: BB ply wood puzzle 1/4 think
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 07:58:43 pm »
Just gotta reply to this....  ME also LOVE cutting JIGSAW puzzles and I have probably cut HUNDREDS.
The FD PUZZLE blades AS FAR as I am concern just DO NOT WORK....MAYBE JUST FOR ME, but I will
Swear by the FD-UR #1 BLADE....  Superior to me....  OF COURSE....  Table HAS TO BE Exactly LEVEL.
                  Hey another of my 2 cents worth....  Wat u think?  Danny  :+}
Danny  :+}

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 06:30:30 am »
I also have never got the feel for the puzzle blades.  When doing  small puzzles, I use the FDUR1 or Olson platinum #0 or #1.

Offline Rapid Roger

• Hutchinson, Kansas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 09:26:48 am »
I've used the FD puzzle blades and liked them.
They work great for what they are designed for and lets face it, when you are using a blade that small (thin) and with so many TPI (teeth per inch) they are bound to wear faster than larger blades. Granted that the glue in plywood is hard on blades but, that is true for all sizes of blades. Just try the same size blade on solid wood and then plywood and see which one lasts the longest.
Jigsaw puzzles look and work best with the thinner cut that the puzzle blades have compared to the wider kerf of larger blades in my opinion.

Rog
An ounce of responsablity is worth 10 pounds of state and fedral laws.

puzzlemaker

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 07:15:40 pm »
I cut a lot of puzzles and I prefer the #3 reverse cut blade. Cuts a clean cut and lasts longer, and using a reverse cut glade I don't need two boards taped together.

Pat

SMF

Teknoromi