Author Topic: the man page of steve good website does anyone else see  (Read 2696 times)

Offline spiderman

• Spiderman
    • View Profile
the man page of steve good website does anyone else see
« on: July 24, 2013, 05:04:35 pm »
tiny little box with an x on the main page of steve goods website.
SPIDERMAN THE KING OF THE WEB

Offline jscott2

• View Profile
Re: the man page of steve good website does anyone else see
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 06:54:58 pm »
Looks OK to me.  Where is the little box with the "X"?

Jim
Using a Delta 40-690 in the Montreal, Quebec (Canada) area

Offline spiderman

• Spiderman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 07:01:42 pm »
Looks OK to me.  Where is the little box with the "X"?

Jim

on the main page not in the fourm...  like above the Don"t miss a single FREE scroll saw pattern. Sign up now! and one by the Community Forum and under paypal icon and so on.

Becky

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 07:55:06 pm »
I see a number of them.  Fortunately they don't seem to have any real negative impact on anything.

Offline jscott2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 11:04:11 pm »
Still don't see any "X"s - here's a screen capture.

I'm using Firefox, perhaps that why I don't see the "X"s.
Jim

tdub4ever

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2013, 11:03:49 am »
You might have a virus. This is what I see by clicking on the "X"

Offline jscott2

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2013, 11:06:48 am »
Curiouser and curiouser.  I opened Steve's page in IE8 and found some links I never saw before, I also now see the boxes with the red "X". 

In Firefox, I never saw the number of subscribers or the 4 links to Timber Tagger, CanCam, Hand Crocheted lace items, and Fix Registry.  Looking at the HTML of the page, the links are there but aren't visible in Firefox.  This is because I have used Ghostery to block trackers on all web sites.  I'll enable some of the trackers for Steve's site only, so I can see more of the page.

Not seeing the "X"s, etc. is not a virus, but I suppose it could indicate a virus, if the trackers were not blocked.

Thanks,
Jim

Offline spiderman

• Spiderman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2013, 06:26:32 pm »
I see a number of them.  Fortunately they don't seem to have any real negative impact on anything.

hello becky
I have sent steve a message about this. I really think its on his end. the link to those red x's are borken for some reason.  I pull out ever trick I can think of.  This started about a week or so ago.  

I have IE9.0 and windows vista  basic 
What do you have becky.

I'll post what  I find out.  

Offline spiderman

• Spiderman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2013, 06:46:25 pm »
Curiouser and curiouser.  I opened Steve's page in IE8 and found some links I never saw before, I also now see the boxes with the red "X". 

In Firefox, I never saw the number of subscribers or the 4 links to Timber Tagger, CanCam, Hand Crocheted lace items, and Fix Registry.  Looking at the HTML of the page, the links are there but aren't visible in Firefox.  This is because I have used Ghostery to block trackers on all web sites.  I'll enable some of the trackers for Steve's site only, so I can see more of the page.

Not seeing the "X"s, etc. is not a virus, but I suppose it could indicate a virus, if the trackers were not blocked.

Thanks,
Jim

in that screen shot I see the red x's 

Offline Pinelog

• New DeWalt 788 Owner!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2013, 06:53:47 am »
For some reason Microsoft in the latest version of Internet Explorer (version 10) they decided they would set the rules on certain graphics and other modules.  The rest of the Web site building world kinda told them to stuff it.  I had to dump IE10 because many images were not showing up the way the should.

That and with Mozilla Firefox seeming to be way more stable than it use to be, I made the move back to Firefox for my main browser.  I still keep and use Chrome, and occasionally IE9 these days.

I guess the bottom line is if you dont like the way a website looks on IE, switch over to Chrome or Firefox and see if it behaves better for you there.
Walter

"Like a wind crying endlessly through the universe, time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike.
And all that we were, all that remains is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment."

SMF

Teknoromi