Author Topic: puzzle blades  (Read 1310 times)

Offline spiderman

• Spiderman
    • View Profile
puzzle blades
« on: July 09, 2013, 06:45:42 pm »
I have order the puzzle blades from mike 

the FD-SP  I have not got an e-mail from steve yet there is a cow and calf puzzle on here  he said to use a FD-SP blade mike told me it can only cut up to 1/4 think of wood. Steve said to used wood thinkness of 3/4.

What is the thickness of wood have you cut using the FD-SP blades.
SPIDERMAN THE KING OF THE WEB

Offline Dan26

• South of Milford, Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: puzzle blades
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 08:04:07 pm »
The FD-SP blade is very, very thin. I have to agree with Mike, anything over 1/4" and you will dull the blade quickly and break quite a few of them. But, if someone else has had luck cutting thicker wood with these blades, I'd like to know what wood he was cutting.
Dan (South of Milford, Ohio)

Courage - the ability to confront fear, pain, danger, uncertainty, or intimidation.

UHMNL

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 09:03:04 pm »
If you want to learn more about the puzzle blades, go to my site and click on the tutorial from Carter Johnson. He also has a video.
Is it a stand up puzzle? The best blade would be the UR # 5.
FD Mike

Offline mickey357

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 05:20:36 am »
I cut a lot of puzzles and agree with FD Mike. I use theUR#5 and if the wood is real hard, I'll use a UR #7.

Offline tbolt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 06:57:08 pm »
I also cut a lot of3/4 thick puzzles I use ur#5 depending on the wood as to how fast i run the saw how fast I feed the wood never let the blade get dull if the blade is to thick the puzzle will fallapart too small and it won't come apart. Just my 2 cents on puzzles.

SMF

Teknoromi