Author Topic: Scrollnado  (Read 4590 times)

Offline Buey1

• View Profile
Scrollnado
« on: September 21, 2016, 08:57:46 am »
Steve, thanks for your report and video on the Scrollnado.  For of us who do not have a central dust collection system, do you know if the Scrollnado will work with a shop vac.  What CFM would be required to adequately make it effective, adaptors. etc.?  This would be a great economical solution for many of us scrollers who would greatly benefit from such a system.

Buey

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
Re: Scrollnado
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 11:33:01 am »
In the video it shows it is designed for use with a shop vac.
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

Offline sgood

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Scrollsaw Workshop
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2016, 03:45:17 pm »
Hi Buey, the Scrollnado can use any shop vac but it needs to have either a 1 1/4" hose or a hose reducer. This is one of the smaller hoses and not standard on most full size shop vacs.

Offline gehintz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2016, 11:32:18 am »
Hello there,  after watching the scrollnado video I decided to buy one.   While I do not have a DeWalt but I do have the Delta so it's still a good fit.  The problem I do have with it with the Delta is the bottom tube will occasionally suck up a small piece from a cut but the connection of the two tubes is slightly smaller and it will get stuck at the junction and reduce the suction from the blade end.  I land up having to disassemble the saw to remove the small piece of wood.  Any ideas on what you could use for a screen without obstructing the air flow?

Offline Rapid Roger

• Hutchinson, Kansas
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2016, 03:27:23 pm »
 piece of nylon sock (hose) or mesh stretched over the end of the vacuum hose.

Rog
An ounce of responsablity is worth 10 pounds of state and fedral laws.

Offline gehintz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2016, 02:05:50 am »
Hmmm, yeah that should work

Offline gehintz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2016, 04:31:16 pm »
piece of nylon sock (hose) or mesh stretched over the end of the vacuum hose.

Rog

Well I thought about that and come up with a different solution.  The tubing that comes with the kit is pretty soft so I poked a round toothpick through the hose close to the end.  Not a very elegant solution but it keeps more of the smaller cuttings from entering the hose and plugging it up.

SMF

Teknoromi