Author Topic: To Steve Good----The new look  (Read 2464 times)

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
To Steve Good----The new look
« on: May 17, 2014, 06:20:05 am »
Hey Steve this setup works almost exactly like the old one but you've added spell check and that's a great feature. The cosmetic changes don't really matter I guess but, the old one was a little more woodsy, this new setup feels like a sheet metal shop. LOL
I know the whole gang here appreciate what you do for us.
Three cheers for Steve.
Thanks for all you do Steve.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
Re: To Steve Good----The new look
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014, 02:35:15 pm »
Gabby,I couldn't agree more, and I'll second what you say, Thanks Steve for all the work you put in to the forum.
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 07:31:52 pm »
I'm sad to say I'm a little disappointed that Keith and I are the only ones to respond to this post.
Kick everyone else out Steve, what a bunch of sorry whippersnapper bums.  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 09:39:23 am »
I like the way things are set up only took a few minutes to find my way around.  Thanks Steve!
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

Offline cdrover(Clyde)

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 04:58:07 pm »
This old geezer likes the new look too. Keep up the great job Steve.  :D
What are we here for but to help others. (Author unknown)
Clyde

rob roy

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2014, 05:17:45 pm »
Hey Gabby, I like this new set up too, and I agree with what you and Keith stated. As if Steve had nothing else to do with his time without pandering to us.
Rob Roy.

Offline Joleet

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2014, 10:33:05 pm »
I like it too :)
Ron... Twin Falls, Idaho

Me Slow?  I get up in the morning with nothing to do and go to bed at night with half of it done!

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2014, 05:00:00 pm »
Hey oltimer....there was a lot of dicsussion on this matter in a few other 'threads'...

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2014, 08:28:26 pm »
I liked the old look knew where everything was, guess takes some time, change can be good Steve does take a lot of his time to provide a good place to come meet new friends and talk over some wood.

This is really the first time I visited the site in the past couple weeks, with work and all, pulling about 50 hours a week does that, I drive a dump truck and at times it gets really busy, but the work and pay is decent more relaxed and less stress than my old job. Haven't even had time to turn my saw on or even let alone look at it. I did find time to make my daughter a violin from SG pattern it turned out nice and she loved it, I she wanted to paint it, I am like NO, I made her a deal though I would make another that she could paint whatever color she wanted lol.

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2014, 06:36:28 am »
Hey oltimer....there was a lot of dicsussion on this matter in a few other 'threads'...

~~~GB~~~

That's OK GB I just had to see if anyone was awake, after starting the thread and no one was responding. Good to see a few share my feeling regarding Steve's hard work for our benefit.
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!

Offline Crabbyboater

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2014, 02:03:49 pm »
I like the new look just fine as well, and really appreciate the site and all that Steve does and has done, day after day.  If it hadn't been for him, I would never have learned to scroll saw, never would have had that enjoyment.  Thanks Steve!!

I haven't been on much lately because my computer went south and buying a new one meant changing to windows 8.1.  I tried and tried, but it was like having to learn Japanese.  Don't know if I'm too old or just stubborn, but I finally gave up and had Toshiba make one for me with Windows 7...Love it and I'm back.

Your web footed friend in Seattle, WA.

Offline sgood

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Scrollsaw Workshop
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2014, 07:23:11 pm »
Hey Crabbyboater, you are not alone when it comes to Win 8. Many people are struggling with it. Microsoft is slowly making changes to make it more natural for users who are use to the desktop. I have gotten use to it but I only use it on a laptop with touch. It kind of works okay with a touch screen.

There are utilities out there that can make win 8 function just like win 7. Too bad most people don't know about them until they have given up. If you ever get back into a situation where you have to use win 8 let me know and I can make things go a lot easier for you with just a free utility.

I follow all the tech blogs pretty close and I think you will see some major changes in Win 9. Win 9 is not that far off. Sounds like we might see it early next year. Microsoft knows [size=78%]they went too far with win 8. Hopefully they will get it right this time. It's kind of like how vista was all screwed up but they fixed it with Win7.[/size]

pddesertrat

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2014, 08:44:25 pm »
I upgraded to Win 8.1 with no problems and I like it fine.  Pretty much the same as 7.

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2014, 09:32:22 pm »

There are utilities out there that can make win 8 function just like win 7. Too bad most people don't know about them until they have given up. If you ever get back into a situation where you have to use win 8 let me know and I can make things go a lot easier for you with just a free utility.

[/size][/font]

Mr Good what is this untility you are talking about. I have a friend she bought a used laptop and had it upgraded to win8.1 and was having a issue with inkscape but did find out it downloaded it 32bit and she needed 64 bit, she has a full suite to office and didn't want to loose that but maybe this oculd be something she would like to have or use for other stuff without loosing programs like office.

SMF

Teknoromi