Author Topic: New Community Forum  (Read 7974 times)

tundraguy

Re: New Community Forum
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2014, 11:37:25 pm »
great site :) :D 8) 8)....thanks for all that you do for the scroll sawing community....
Jim..

Mr.Bones

« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2014, 02:09:38 am »
Steve great job ! I just have to get use to it.

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2014, 02:21:03 am »
Its the same just BIGGER and brighter.  Looks great.  Thanks Steve.

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

Offline Clem

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2014, 07:06:35 pm »
Looks great Steve. Your patience and work is much appreciated.
Clem

Offline PigsFly

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2014, 08:49:27 pm »
I like the new set up but the default theme and colors do not work well for my old eyes.  I started prowling around and found you can change the theme which will give you different colors.  If you want to give it a try click on

Profile -- then
Modify Profile -- then
Look and Layout -- then
Themes

and then you can experiment with which of the choices best suits your individual style.  The one I have chosen makes the avatars smaller but they are not blurred.

I do find that even though my log in is set at "forever", every time I log out I have to log in the next time I click on my desktop forum.  Previously, I did not have to do a new log in unless I actually logged out rather than just closing the site.  Anyone else having the problem or have an answer for what I am missing.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 08:54:16 pm by PigsFly »
Doug

Take what you do seriously
Never take yourself too seriously

Offline sweet saw

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2014, 09:39:13 pm »
Like the new look.

Offline jscott2

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2014, 10:09:07 pm »
Warning!  I tried PigsFly's idea and it worked.  I selected what looked like the old theme but, when I reopened the site, the Help/Search/Profile/ etc. were gone, only the Home and Gallery links were visible.  I couldn't find a way to go back to the default theme.

After a while I thought of moving the cursor along the band from Gallery towards Home and noticed the lower right corner of the page showed Profile - then I clicked and got to my profile.  Finally, I was able to get back to the default theme.

It appears some of the themes have problems so this might help someone else who has problems changing the theme.
Jim
Using a Delta 40-690 in the Montreal, Quebec (Canada) area

Offline sgood

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Scrollsaw Workshop
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2014, 11:36:28 pm »
Some of the old themes will not work if you change them in your profile. The reason that I changed the theme when I upgraded to this version is because the old and darker theme was only compatible with version 1 of this software. I should have deleted that old theme. Before the upgrade I had the selection to change the theme by use disabled because of issues. I may be doing that again so I don't suggest making too many changes just yet. I'm still working on things.

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2014, 09:02:14 pm »
Thanks guys' good to hear you all like the new look. I like the larger avatars also but they are getting blurred when they are up sized. I'm going to look tonight and see if that can be corrected.
Should we be posting new resized avatars for this? The blurring may be from shrinking images to fit the old format.

Might not hurt to try to reload the avatar pics, it could be the size limit on the old style was smaller, on this new software it has to resize it to fit and when it does blow it up it gets blurry, could also be the pic thats in the current avatars needs updated to a higher resolution to get a clearer pic.

SMF

Teknoromi