Author Topic: G'day Everyone  (Read 3194 times)

Offline Erewhon

• View Profile
G'day Everyone
« on: March 16, 2012, 10:48:36 am »
As you can see I go by the name of 'Erewhon' but my given name is Kevin - "Kevy' - and why on earth I think I can do what many of you here do I dunno. I live in Central Queensland Australia on a bush covered 30 Acre Property that the wife and I share with our native wildlife. I'm about to turn 61 Years and have the itch to do something else rather than cut grass, fight the odd bush fire and worry if our dam 30 meters away from the house is going to overflow again and attempt to wash us away. Already I've down loaded Steve's key chain program, after watching his you tube video I think I've already had my first failure cause I cant print the type of pattern he used in his clip. Anyways, I don't even own a scroll saw as yet and I'm also in need of some basic wood working tools so I've got time to work it out. For the mean time I'll read as much as I can here and some where down the track I'll eventually get started. I trust I'll get to know many of you in time and you can help me when ever I'm stuck on something. Pleasure to meet You All ..... Regards Kevy.

SheGold

Re: G'day Everyone
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 10:59:45 am »
Hello Kevy glad you joined. I'm Sheila from Texas.. Young man you can do as well as we do. All you have to do is try.. Once you start your first piece you will be hooked for sure. We all had to start somewhere and for me I had to go it alone when I started. So, you might say I'm self taught.. I recommend you get a saw, the best you can afford and start making saw dust fly.. Again glad you joined us... Sheila

Offline newfie

• The Way I Scroll
    • View Profile
    • some of my woodworking
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 11:17:42 am »
welcome to the form Kevy i'm Todd from Newfoundland Canada.

excalibur 21
Every woodworker needs a fireplace

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 11:27:26 am »
Hey Kevy, Welcome to the forum! I'm Dan from Southern California. I was self taught too, and now I teach scroll saw at the local woodworking store! Like Sheila said get the best scroll saw you can afford. Then start cutting!
Dan In Southern California

Offline Erewhon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 11:37:15 am »
G'day Sheila - Todd and Dan, I've been busy reading posts all over the place and its now 1-30am Saturday morning. Thanks for the welcome and when the minister of war and finance gets to have a look at all these wonderful projects things just might swing in my way. Again thanks for the welcome - Hooroo.

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 12:13:40 pm »
Hi Kevy, welcome to the forum, I'm Keith From Cornwall U.K.
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2012, 12:20:08 pm »
Glad you found us Kevin. Hi I'm Russ from Florida. Welcome to the Scrollsaw Forum. A day without saw dust is like a day without sunshine.  :)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline Tomsunnu

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2012, 12:30:14 pm »
Welcome to the forum, I am Mahendra from India. Once you get the saw for sure you will get hooked to making saw dust. This forum is filled with very helpful friends and are just a click away :)
mahendra

Rover2

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2012, 04:09:09 pm »
Hi Kevy.  I'm Al from Pennsylvainia.  Welcome to the forum

Offline iggygiles

• I jus love sawdust
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2012, 04:55:17 pm »
G'Day Kevy
            Welcome here, I am Ian from Wales UK. You have come to the best place to learn, hope management soon provides funds for a Saw. If you are near Hervy Bay, say hi to my sister for me. Iggy.
Frustration is the food of invention.

rob roy

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2012, 06:19:09 pm »
G'day Kevy, I'm Roy from Scotland. Welcome to the forum, or family if you like, because that's more or less what the forum is. I go with everything that has been said previously.
Rob Roy.

Offline campasano

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2012, 06:38:48 pm »
Hi Kevy, welcome to our great family of woodworkers and scrollers. We are a group of very helpful and friendly members who will do anything to help other members. Most of us are self taught and always remember,"you learn by your mistakes". My name is Mike and I reside in Citrus Heights, California, USA
Do your part - go green - save the earth

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2012, 08:16:52 pm »
Hello Kevy....I'm Judy from North Dakota , USA. 
This is a great bunch of nuts that all hang together from the same tree.  ;) ;D
I'm from North Dakota

pappawdude

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2012, 09:02:28 pm »
Hi Kevy Im Rick from Indiana, WELCOME

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2012, 07:56:01 am »
Hey Kevy.  I'm Julie from Texas.  Glad you found us.  Most of us are self taught.  I wish this site had been available back when I started.  You will amaze yourself at what you can create.  Can't wait to see your first project.  Have fun.

SMF

Teknoromi