Author Topic: day 1 Denton Texas  (Read 1903 times)

cherie

day 1 Denton Texas
« on: June 11, 2010, 10:42:06 pm »
Here is a link to my Face Book album from the first day of the Denton Texas scroll saw picnic.  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1091796972#!/album.php?aid=62413&id=1091796972&ref=pb
We had such a great time learning new things and meeting many people, which for some strange reason seem to know me even though they have never met me.  LOL

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Re: day 1 Denton Texas
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 11:09:29 pm »
So Cherie, Have you met anybody we know?
Dan In Southern California

cherie

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 09:29:42 am »
I have met many people here and some names I do not remember.  There is one couple here that I took their picture and for the likes of me I did not write their names down so I could not put that on their picture.
I have having a blast and Jaun just sits back and watches me run around.  Most people that I have met are really nice and willing to answer the many questions I have.

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 06:14:05 pm »
Keep us posted of all the new goodies
Jimbo

KENINLEX

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010, 10:28:43 pm »
Thanks for the pictures. I'm really looking forward to going to Wilmington next month. Hope the RBI guys are there also. I need to see about a new lower clamp for mine.
Thanks again
Ken

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2010, 11:20:42 pm »
Hey Cherie, I'm not on Face Book, so will you post pics here when you get back?

Offline paul44224

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2010, 03:30:55 am »
Thank you for all the pics, Cherie! Really do appreciate it!

Paul

cherie

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2010, 03:42:58 am »
Dan...posting the pictures here on the forum might be a bit difficult with as many as I took.  I have more or less spoke with Steve via email and he is gonna post some I am guessing on the Blog.  I have yet more pictures to up load, but right now it is after 2 am and Jaun and I have spent the evening talking with Kevin Daley and the new owners of the Hawk.  They are no longer known as RBI and it is best not to call them that anymore.  They are now known as Bushton Manufacturing maker of Hawk Woodworking tools.  Nilus Orth and his daughters (whom I did not get their names) and Jim Nye are now the proud owners.
I will be writing a small piece on my experience here at my very first Scroll saw picnic.  I will also be uploading more pictures later today or so.  Have a good night all.  We will be driving home tomorrow.

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2010, 01:36:13 pm »
Cherie, Steve has the pictures on the blog!

cherie

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2010, 02:11:50 pm »
Yeah I seen some of the pictures.  LOL.  Like I said I am not done, I took a heck of alot more pictures to work on, but I cannot post until I get home.

KENINLEX

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2010, 09:09:50 am »
I'll watch my P's & Q's from now on. I need to talk to them about my HAWK.
Thanks
Ken

garyinnevada

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2010, 09:18:17 am »
Cherie,
I went to your Facebook page but I cant find picnic pics?? What am I doing wrong.
Did Bushton have any new saws at the show? I hear they are coming out with a new Hawk and Im about ready to buy another one. If you have any info on this subject, could you please post it?
Thanks,
Gary

ufgator

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2010, 10:49:07 am »
I am also Not a member of Facebook.  Hope you can also post them in another place such as Photobucket (you don't have to be a member to view someones albums) or ???
Enjoy the picnic and share all you learn.  Thanks!

Happy Scrolling
     Bill

cherie

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2010, 10:59:38 am »
Thanks for the pictures. I'm really looking forward to going to Wilmington next month. Hope the RBI guys are there also. I need to see about a new lower clamp for mine.
Thanks again
Ken

Ken, What ever you do, they are not the guys from RBI.  They are known as Bushton Manufacturing.  They are trying to salvage the Hawk name that has been shoved into the mud.  I will let ya'll know what they have said.  Thanks.

SMF

Teknoromi