Author Topic: Pyrography  (Read 962 times)

Offline troy_curtis

• No matter where you go...there you are.
    • View Profile
Pyrography
« on: December 26, 2013, 08:27:20 pm »
I got a simple wood burning kit for Christmas. Now I need to find a good source to help me learn to use it. Would love to be able to combine that with my scroll saw work. I think there are some patterns on here where I could cut some of the design and then burn some.

jim stiek

Re: Pyrography
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 09:56:13 pm »
check the wood working clubs in your area, if you have any contact them or attend a meeting, folks are glad to share in my experience

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2013, 10:48:58 pm »
I just gave my S.O. a woodburning outfit for her birthday.
She had shown me something she did 45 years ago with a dime store woodburning kit and I was amazed.
She is an artist and I got her a kit and a basic book from Amazon and she is anxious to try it again and we even talked about enhancing some of my cuttings with the 'pyrography'!

Here's the link to the book....http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1565234782/ref=oh_details_o07_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Unfortunately now I have a lot less scrap wood in my bin!!!!

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline troy_curtis

• No matter where you go...there you are.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 03:21:28 am »
Thanks for the encouragement, advice, and book. Maybe I will be able to post a picture of some work I do. I hope to come up with something that is a combo of it and scroll saw work.

SMF

Teknoromi