Author Topic: Williams, AZ  (Read 1622 times)

Offline troy_curtis

• No matter where you go...there you are.
    • View Profile
Williams, AZ
« on: June 01, 2013, 07:14:55 pm »
Taking my wife on a 3 day camping/fishing trip up to Williams, AZ for our 19th Anniversary. Williams is a nice little town on the old Route 66. A lot of tourist stop in there on the way to the Grand Canyon. There are a lot of little shops. We go up there a few times a year. Love looking in the shops and getting ideas for wood working projects. We will do our share of fishing, but also some good browsing of the the shops.

And before anyone thinks they cannot believe I would take my wife fishing for an anniversary, yes, she loves fishing. We went up to Williams for our honeymoon and for our first 4 anniversaries. Trout, diced potatoes and corn on the cob all cooked on a campfire. That is good cooking. =)

Offline cdrover(Clyde)

• View Profile
Re: Williams, AZ
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 07:50:33 pm »
Congratulations, I hope you and your wife have a very eventful trip, campfire and lots of trout too. :D :D
What are we here for but to help others. (Author unknown)
Clyde

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 09:59:08 pm »
That menu is "Food for the Gods"!

Lucky you she likes that kind of thing....I had TWO wives and struck both times even though they professed to like it during the courtship.

Enjoy the time together! You definitely have a "keeper"!

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

rob roy

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 05:32:21 am »
Congratulations to you both Troy and have a great time. The MENU sounds good.
Come to Scotland for your 20th and go for the big salmon.
Rob Roy.

king310

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2013, 06:48:57 am »
Have fun .................wink.....wink.....If the tent is a shaking means this one is taken....... ;D

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2013, 02:52:29 am »
Have a great time away and Happy Anniversary.

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

Offline troy_curtis

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2013, 01:20:54 am »
Rob, we were joking while at camp. I said next year we can do a world tour. Scotland was one place we mentioned. Think I need a good paying job before then though. Still looking for work.

Our camping trip was nice. Relaxed much, I was the only one catching fish and even then only 2 trout. Well, 2 trout will feed the two of us. The water in Arizona is low due to a long lasting drought of about 14 years.

Got a few ideas for some things to make on my scroll saw. Got some wood yesterday so will be out in the heat cutting a few things next week.

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2013, 03:29:40 am »
Congrats to you both, have a great time.
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

rob roy

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2013, 04:22:50 am »
Troy, I hope you'll get employment soon and when you do your world tour you will be welcomed with open arms when you come to Scotland. Make sure you come around this time of year as we are sitting here in 82F today,(unusual I may say). Too warm in the shop, that's my excuse anyway. Let me know when you arrive. Our town of Kilmarnock is the home of Johnnie Walker whisky  and you get FREE samples if you visit the factory. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D.
Have a great day.
Rob Roy.

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2013, 05:58:19 am »
Troy that is my old stomping grounds I used to hunt up there in unit 8 and got a great 6 by 6 bull elk just off I-40 / Route 66 at The Devil Dog exit, I could hear the trucks on the freeway as they hit their Jake brakes heading down the hill going to Ashfork I figure I was probably a mile from the highway. I lived in Prescott and Dewey for over 30 years. I love that country.
Next time you are up there take the steam train to the canyon it's a great way to travel.

What line of work are you in?
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

Offline troy_curtis

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2013, 02:50:44 am »
Thanks all for the nice comments. Good news is I got a new job today. Will be starting in about a week. I am in sales. My new job is selling supplemental and life to union worker families.

Gabby, nice to bring up your memories of Elk off the I 40. I see many of the ones hit by truckers. Williams is a favorite spot for my wife and I.

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2013, 01:30:19 am »
Glad to hear you are back at work, I wish you the best, and keep your eyes peeled when traveling in deer and elk country one through the windshield would spoil your day!
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

SMF

Teknoromi