Author Topic: Small Clock Patterns from Steve's Pattern page  (Read 1922 times)

Offline troy_curtis

• No matter where you go...there you are.
    • View Profile
Small Clock Patterns from Steve's Pattern page
« on: January 19, 2013, 02:56:28 am »
I was looking at Steve Goods pattern page and saw a selection of clocks. They have one complete pattern per printed page. The thing is these are small when printed. Does anyone here know how much I should increase them to get a proper sized clock. Also, would like to know what size clock to buy for them. I was thinking about making the clock with the sail boat and clouds.

Mainewoods

Re: Small Clock Patterns from Steve's Pattern page
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 08:03:56 am »
Troy, which specific pattern group were you referring to?

Steve has his patterns sized to print at the proper dimensions.  Make sure your printing parameters are set at 100%.  As for the clock size, its normally in the description page as to what size inserts the clocks are sized for.  If you want to make the clocks bigger, you'll need to calculate for yourself what size insert you need to use.  
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 08:05:31 am by Mainewoods »

Offline jrpeteo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 09:58:26 am »
Troy, all 21 clocks in that group require the 1-7/16 clock inserts, which requires a 1-3/8 hole preferably using a forstner bit for a nice fit. You can get both at Sloan's Woodshop.That detail seems to have been ommited from the pattern. I printed it out and measured it. Print at actual size or 100% as previously stated.
Pete
Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.
- Mark Twain

Offline troy_curtis

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 01:25:07 pm »
Troy, which specific pattern group were you referring to?

Steve has his patterns sized to print at the proper dimensions.  Make sure your printing parameters are set at 100%.  As for the clock size, its normally in the description page as to what size inserts the clocks are sized for.  If you want to make the clocks bigger, you'll need to calculate for yourself what size insert you need to use.  

I am sorry, but I do not see how this particular pattern of his is set for the right size. The clock on it would be only a few inches high, perhaps that is what it is supposed to be, but if so it is such a tiny clock.  It is listed as small clocks 21 designs, but I couldnt imagine them being this small. If they are this small then I will find a way maybe to enlarge them on my own to a better size.

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, 01:57:26 pm »
Yep, they are that small, they are a set of mini clocks which, as Pete said take a 1-7/16" watch insert, and require a 1-3/8" hole.
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

Offline troy_curtis

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2013, 08:13:26 pm »
Ok, I was kind of disappointed in their size. I will try to make them a bit bigger and see if I can work it out for a larger size clock. If not then I will move on and find a different clock pattern.

SMF

Teknoromi