Author Topic: even professionals fail from time to time...  (Read 1128 times)

tux_linux

even professionals fail from time to time...
« on: March 17, 2011, 04:51:54 pm »
Yep - I made myself a fool...

Yesterday I noticed my system-hard drive to be nearly full. But I need to install some programs, so I decided to delete some stuff I "don't use anyway". One of them was MS Office. I'm using Open Office for all kinds of documents and have no need for MS Office. Now, one day later,  I notice that I'm actually using MS Office - I use the Outlook Email!  :o ::) :-[

Damn, so I will have to reinstall MS Office and hope for my mails to be still available. But I've used Outlook today, it might not have been uninstalled completely as it was running all the time in the background.

need to search for the pst-file right NOW...

EDIT: luck is for dump people...Ii installed a backup-system for the pst-file some time ago  :D

regards
Torsten
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 04:53:56 pm by Torsten »

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Re: even professionals fail from time to time...
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 05:30:48 pm »
read my post on another section!

~GB~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline spiderman

• Spiderman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 10:42:51 pm »
Yep - I made myself a fool...

regards
Torsten

outlook don't have anything to do with MSoffice. 
SPIDERMAN THE KING OF THE WEB

tux_linux

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 04:02:32 pm »
hmm, sometimes, not always...

There are different versions out there. Some are distributed as stand alone, some are in the office package. "Outlook Express" is for example was distributed with Win XP, "Outlook 20xx" is the more advanced version in the office package.

oh - just to let you know how I managed the problem: I reinstalled the MS Outlook (Outlook 2003 from the Office 2003) and my data was still there and simple reused. No further action was needed.

regards,
Torsten

SMF

Teknoromi