Author Topic: E-Mail and JPG  (Read 1302 times)

ChuckD

E-Mail and JPG
« on: March 16, 2011, 02:36:15 pm »
For some reason, when I have an attachment to my e-mails marked .jpg this  typewriter with a tv attached won't open them.  Gives a reason of don't have a program associated with it, or something like that.  This is from someone who doesn't even turn off this TV with typewriter because I may not be able to turn it back on.  Any one have any ideas?  TIA

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Re: E-Mail and JPG
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 03:06:27 pm »
Get the teenager in your neighborhood to come over, Download and Install a program called "Irfanview".

That should solve your problem.

If you want to attempt it yourself send me a PM and I will try to explain how to accomplish this Monumental Task!

~~~GrayBeard~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

tux_linux

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 07:03:13 am »
:D GB, that shouldn't be such a big task. simply download it (http://www.irfanview.de/ - the original site) and install it.

workaround:

otherwise you can open a JPG with a right click -> "open with..." -> "choose standard"
a dialog will pop up, you can choose your favorite program to fulfill the presentation of a JPG. Make sure the hook "always use this program" is checked and fire the ok button.

The wording my vary, I'm currently working on a German version of windows.

regards
Torsten

ChuckD

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 05:03:29 pm »
There is a kid in the neighborhood pretty good with computers.  I thought he was a nice kid, so when I had a problem and asked him over Took him about three seconds to fix it.  When I asked him what the problem was he said only an "id ten tee.  I said OK.  He left but that problem brother me so I wrote it out.  He's not such a nice kid after all....

Torsten,  I can not open attachment with the method you stated.  If I right click it askes me if I want to "Save attachments".
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 05:07:46 pm by ChuckD »

tux_linux

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 05:15:41 pm »
ah - yeah, ok, do so.
Save it to the desktop. Then you can easily find the file and open it.

remember: do not open files from emails you do not know the drafter. Delete them right away. An attachment might look familiar, but can be something completely different.

regards
Torsten

ChuckD

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2011, 05:22:58 pm »
Only open from folks I know.  In fact, if I get something from someone not familiar I delete the post very quickly.  Thanks for the help!!!

SMF

Teknoromi