Author Topic: windows 8  (Read 2048 times)

Offline spiderman

• Spiderman
    • View Profile
windows 8
« on: February 07, 2011, 05:07:53 pm »
I can't wait for windows 8 to come out looks cool for a beta version.
SPIDERMAN THE KING OF THE WEB

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Re: windows 8
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 05:15:28 pm »
Have you heard any rumors on the projected Introduction Date?

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline spiderman

• Spiderman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 09:29:46 pm »
Have you heard any rumors on the projected Introduction Date?

~~~GB~~~

The beta is all ready out and the full version of windows 8 should be out around the end of 2012 or 2013. A Tip  wait until the SP1 comes out before getting it. 

And a tip if anyone of you running windows vista or windows 7  might as well update IE9.0...  even if you have Firefox or other web browsers. 

And for those that still have windows xp  might as well update to IE8.0   the IE9.0 well not work on a computer that has windows xp install.

SPIDERMAN THE KING OF THE WEB

Offline WigWag Workshop

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 09:27:04 am »
I am making the switch to Mac - I support Winders all day at work, and I am ready for a change.  I will still use winDOH's for my ham, shortwave, and scanners.

Chachi

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2011, 09:33:23 am »
Ok I give Wig how do you use windows for Ham and shortwave I talked on the raido for many years and you got me stumped.

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2011, 09:33:34 am »
OH...I always wait...I still remember "ME"!!!

I'm still running XP Pro SP3...but have Win 7 on the upstairs machine.

I have a tiny 'netbook' with only 1 gig ram and 4 gig SSD and might just put Slitax distr. on it.

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2011, 12:56:55 pm »
I'm Like GB xp pro sp3.  I'll change op sys when I have to get another computer and am forced to change.  I'd like to go back to windows 3.1 myself.  LOL
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

HWPlmbr1

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 12:29:57 am »
Need more Duct tape!!

Offline WigWag Workshop

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2011, 05:21:39 pm »
Ok I give Wig how do you use windows for Ham and shortwave I talked on the raido for many years and you got me stumped.

I use Ham Radio Deluxe for the digital modes like SSTV and PSK31 on the ham side, and use the computer to decode WEFAX, NAVTEX and other modes on Shortwave.  I have a signal link USB external sound card interface, that connects to my Icom-718.  I can also control my rig via the PC, but I actually like my hands on the radio.  Also on the Shortwave side, I have a "program guide" I use - I can scroll the different frequencies, to listen to the different broadcast stations.  I have a few YouTube videos up, feel free to check them out - http://www.youtube.com/user/K8PEZ?feature=mhum

SMF

Teknoromi