Author Topic: virus??  (Read 1396 times)

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
virus??
« on: February 07, 2011, 09:21:42 am »
After having to work in this "itty bitty POS" with a 10 inch screen I am afraid to ever open photo links on here again.  And  now Julie was hit?? what cat picture?
I'm from North Dakota

Offline julief

• View Profile
Re: virus??
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 10:16:40 am »
Don't worry about it, DW changed the way he sent it and it is fine.  I got hit with two different posts from Image shack but they have corrected the problem.  I still haven't figured out why it is still jamming my videos.  Cannot view any of them. 

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 10:57:18 am »
The image did not have a virus but rather the hosting service (Image Shack) was having a virus/malware problem. The pictures/links where deleted and DW is using another hosting service so everything seems to be fine.

After a little research it seems that ImageShack has had a persistent and reported problem for several years now.
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Chachi

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 12:09:43 pm »
You can down load Advast for free it stops Viruses at the door and lets you know for sure when one is knocking to get in as well it updates its self (as long as the settings are done that way) and will tell you when it is updating (I get it at least 3-4 times daily) and the best part is it's free.

For spy/maelware I use SuperAntiSpyware All the collages around here use this one here is the link as well it is FREE!!!
http://superantispyware.com/index.html
Advast free link
http://www.avast.com/index

These are the one's I trust and I have been Virus/ Spyware free since I started to use them.

pauley555

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2011, 07:00:13 am »
yes i use avast,and have had no problems,it picks up virus very quickly

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 01:27:47 am »
if some one has the dreaded lurgie in there system then they should stop broadcasting instead of spreading it to all their mates. it cost me over $200 to clean my PC out and i am not going to pay that again
jimbo

Offline spiderman

• Spiderman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2011, 09:48:01 pm »
if some one has the dreaded lurgie in there system then they should stop broadcasting instead of spreading it to all their mates. it cost me over $200 to clean my PC out and i am not going to pay that again
jimbo

What brand is your computer and model number and the S/N
what O/S does your computer has.
how much memory does your computer have

Some computer comes with the software  and the o/s as well as all the drivers for the computers on some computer you well have to make a restore cd/dvd disc.
Then all you have to do is pop that cd/dvd into the computer and it well restore you computer to the way it was when it 1st came out the box.

SPIDERMAN THE KING OF THE WEB

HWPlmbr1

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 12:28:58 am »
DUCT TAPE!

SMF

Teknoromi