Author Topic: A silly question perhaps.  (Read 1150 times)

Offline frankorona

• Frankorona (Frank) (Crown)
    • View Profile
    • Frankorona?s workshop
A silly question perhaps.
« on: April 21, 2012, 08:16:16 pm »
Hi Steve:
During the cutting process, often have to change the size of the blades, but at the end, sometimes I have all revolts, how I can make or measure the size of each?
I mean the series, it is difficult to distinguish between each number.
i have difficulties to know Leaves number representing the thickness.
Thanks in advance

tux_linux

Re: A silly question perhaps.
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 03:22:50 pm »
Don't you have a blade stand at the saw? you should keep them in order. Other way to use multiple blades: mount some magnets at the bottom of the saw. You can put the blades in use there.

Offline frankorona

• Frankorona (Frank) (Crown)
    • View Profile
    • Frankorona?s workshop
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 07:55:36 pm »
Dear Torsten:
Yes, I have a stand and a magnet, but sometimes I forget them in order.
Anyway thanks for the advice.

Offline TheMelster

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 12:28:21 am »
This might work you, it does for me.  Take a sheet of paper and write down the blade type with # for each of the blades you plan on using for said project. Place each respectively on sheet minus the one loaded in saw.(use a strip of tape to secure to sheet of paper if your clumbsy prone.) As you switch them out place the blade appropriately under the tape onto sheet again.

I also keep a diary daily of what I make and what I use. Enter in comments about the cutting process also. Then in my spreadsheet on my pc.. I download a pic of each finished project.

good luck
GO PACK GO

Mainewoods

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 07:31:39 am »
I have a different approach Frank!  I very rarely switch blade sizes in the middle of a project.  About the only time I do, is when there are long straight lines to cut, and that is when I'll switch to a nice heavy blade to make the straight lines easier to cut.  When I reach that point, I usually just throw out the used smaller blade, because I'm approaching the end of the project anyway.  Individual blades are cheap enough that I don't concern myself with getting every last possible cut with a blade before I throw it away.

If I switch blade sizes in the middle of a project for a different reason, it usually means I'm going to stick with the new size until I'm finished.  In that case, if I haven't used the previous blade very much, I'll put it right back in with the new blades.   

SMF

Teknoromi