Author Topic: 3d keychain  (Read 1636 times)

Offline WynnD

• View Profile
3d keychain
« on: March 22, 2014, 02:35:17 pm »
Steve has a good info on making a 3d keychain using his 2d keychain program. How do you make a pattern for 3d as shown in the you tube video. I can't get the two patterns together unless I cut and paste manually with scissors and tape.

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
Re: 3d keychain
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 06:00:39 pm »
Steve's free "Keychain Pattern Maker" was not designed to make 3D patterns. The 3D Key Chain Racer Pattern in his catalog/video was created in Coreldraw. Using the Keychain Pattern Maker you would have to create the first pattern, hit enter and create the second one on the same piece of paper. Then cut them out and glue to the top and side of the blank you are using, following along the directions/video for the 3D Key Chain Racer pattern.

The names you are using will have to be the same size in order for it to work easily, (same size pattern glued to top and side of blank). Like use their first or last name only. For instance if the first name was Gene (four letters) and the last was Higginbotham (twelve letters) this would not work easily for a pattern. You would have to insert spaces before and after the name (GENE) to make it come out right (size/length) and I am not sure it would still line up right. You would have to experiment.

There is another post on this subject. http://stevedgood.com/community/index.php?topic=1287.0

Hope this helps.
Russ  8)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 06:03:18 pm by Russ C »
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline WynnD

• View Profile
Re: 3d keychain
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 08:36:32 pm »
thanks Russ. That is what I did (cut and glue) but hoped there was an easier way. I used spaces between letters to make the pattern the same length.

SMF

Teknoromi