Author Topic: "Gadgets" Section  (Read 1493 times)

Offline EIEIO

• Be Prepared.
    • View Profile
    • RMHayes, LLC
"Gadgets" Section
« on: February 16, 2013, 10:10:39 am »
Just a thought - Have you considered a Gadgets section to pick up the great mechanisms that members are posting? The Ferris Wheel and Pooping Dog are examples of projects that have some dynamics to them and seem like they might be worth their own category. Clocks, machines, etc. 
EX-21 arrived 2-1-2013!
Porter-Cable PCB370SS in the corner
Lancaster Ohio
Ray Hayes - RMHayes@RMHayes.US
www.RMHayes.US

Offline jrpeteo

• View Profile
Re: "Gadgets" Section
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 11:20:48 am »
All of the patterns in Steve's pattern catalog are made by Steve himself.
Members of the forum can post patterns in this forum, usually in the "pattern request" catagory, but cannot add to Steve's catalog. Some will also include a pattern in the "brag forum" along with finished cutting. So you have to check in regularly to see what's new. Steve very rarely posts on the forum himself, he is a very busy man with all the work he does with the patterns, videos upkeep of this wonderful website. For which we are eternally greatful.  ;D And he also has a job.
Pete
Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.
- Mark Twain

Offline jrpeteo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 02:12:53 pm »
I got your message, and I ass/u/med you were talking about patterns, you were not. :-[
You were asking about new category on the blog.

"I was asking about adding a category, like the Toys and Intarsia sections, to hold projects that were more like machines. Is there someone else to address that question to?"
EIEIO

Sorry about the mix-up.
Pete
Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.
- Mark Twain

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 03:18:36 pm »
Steve is the only one who can do what you asked. Russ is the moderator but does not have the ability. Steve rarely comes here, so if you want to contact him, go to his blog and find the button that says: Contact me. It's in the top left hand column.
Dan In Southern California

SMF

Teknoromi