Author Topic: The Passion Music special in Holland  (Read 553 times)

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work
The Passion Music special in Holland
« on: April 17, 2014, 02:14:22 pm »
In Holland we have 15 TV station or so, a few of them are Christian broadcast stations.
the biggest is called EO and they organize an event called "The Passion" for several years now.
they do this together with an other Roman catholic broadcast station.
In The Passion they play the story of Jesus last days and it's played by non Christian famous Dutch singers/artist.
they sing common Dutch pop/hit songs know by all people, the hit numbers from the radio.
the special thing is that they select the chorus and songs carefully.
in example a love song from a woman to a man can be used for Maria singing to her son Jesus how she loves him.
a song about fear will be sang by Jesus before arrested, and so on...
I don't know how the manage, but these worldly songs seems to fit in the gospel story perfectly!
and because the musicians are famous Dutch artists thousands of people will come and watch it.
it's on national TV on prime time 2030 tonight.
while the gospel story is told by songs and drama a procession with a big lighted cross will be carried true the city to the stage and will arrive around the end of the show.

you can watch it live on internet:

http://www.eo.nl/evenementen/thepassion/

probably not easy to understand in Dutch....

some pictures from past years:

And the final video "just take my hand, don't ask to much, you can't do it alone"

for me a great TV night, watching this on White Thursday or Maundy Thursday, or how it's called in your country.

Wish You all a great Easter weekend, with not only eggs and bunnies ;)
Marcel

sometimes I make designer firewood....

SMF

Teknoromi