Author Topic: Getting Rid of Fuzzies  (Read 2956 times)

Offline Barry

• View Profile
Re: Getting Rid of Fuzzies
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2012, 12:54:41 am »
There is no question, spiral blades produce a lot more fuzzies.  I'm with Judy, I use my sanding mop (220 grit) and support the piece with my hand.  Sharp reverse blades help, as do stack cutting (which you probably already do with fragile fretwork).

I have never used a torch.  I don't like open flame around all the wood dust in the shop. Plus I would probably set my work piece on fire and bust it all to pieces putting it out.

The very best way for me is gluing 220 sandpaper onto different shaped popsicle sticks.  Steve's idea.  It can be a bit tedious, but it is the most effective with the least chance of breaking the fragile piece you just spent so much time making.

Barry

J,Hamilton

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2012, 07:10:09 am »
I know it takes extra time, but try sanding after a predetermined amount of cuts for a single project especially if it is delicate. Trying to support fine pieces can be tiresome if your entire project could crumble from a slight touch.

ChuckD

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2012, 04:21:40 pm »
I use thin wood like door skins or poster board for the top and bottom layer on my stacked (which is most of them) Plywood and they are held together with tooth picks in the cut-out areas.  When I am finished I throw the top with the pattern and the bottom with the fizzies away.  Simple and neat.

SMF

Teknoromi