Author Topic: What kind of scroll saw do you own?  (Read 6708 times)

Tim2beupinAz

Re: What kind of scroll saw do you own?
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2010, 12:02:21 pm »
I use the Dewalt 788 and love it. I started on it and havent tried or seen anything that I think could be better.

Offline termite

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2010, 11:38:35 pm »
     i've been scrolling about a year & a half. started with 788 really like it. i also got a rbi hawk 220 ultra off ebay. the rbi is a nice saw but im partial to old yeller

Dragonlord85

« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2010, 02:49:02 pm »
I started scrolling with a Ryobi 16" VS saw. It was ok to start with but did have some vibration even when mounted on a heavy workbench. I was lucky enough to find a almost new Dewalt 788 on craigslist for $200 with light and stand so I bought it. I could not believe the difference in the 2 saws and would never go back to the Ryobi.

Offline yyyyyguy

• yyyyyguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2010, 04:54:35 pm »
just got into scrolling a few months ago, wrestling with a used Dremel, if I ever become accomplished enough and sell items ALL the proceeds will go for a Dewalt 788 unless I hear of a better for the money one around
I love the smell of saw dust in the morning.

DobiePaws

« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2010, 10:00:25 pm »
I started about 15 years ago with a RBI Hawk 226, I just recently purchased a Dewalt 788. Took about a week to get used to the differences between machines, but I kinda like the Delta, for the price difference I'm not sure the Hawk cuts any better, or that blade changes are significanly easier or less time consuming - just different.

DLD

SMF

Teknoromi