Author Topic: Someone needed to cut a segmentation project  (Read 1192 times)

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
Someone needed to cut a segmentation project
« on: July 25, 2010, 08:09:33 pm »
Hi everyone.  This is kind of a weird request.  This evening, I had a gentleman call me from Spring Hill, Florida.  He had seen my "Welcome to the Nut House" segmentation in the magazine and wondered if I had any for sale.  I explained to him that I don't typically sell finished items, and I did not have one.  He asked if I knew of anyone who would want to make one for him, because he had arthritis and couldn't use his hands. 

I would like to help him, but I just don't have the time.  I was wondering if any one here would want to talk to him about doing it.  I don't know how much he is willing to spend, but I told him I would put it up on the board here and ask.  I know lots of you like to do woodworking as a hobby and aren't trying to make a living at it and would possibly want to help.

If you are interested, please let me know and I will forward your phone number to him.  He is a nice man and seems reasonable and polite when I talked to him. 

Thanks for your consideration. 

Sheila :)
Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Designer, Artist, Teacher
Owner, Sheila Landry Designs
www.sheilalandrydesigns.com
Knowledge Is Power

Becky

Re: Someone needed to cut a segmentation project
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 11:31:02 pm »
Well, this is a good sincerity test if nothing else.  You have seen my cutting of the pattern.  Is it really good enough? 

I would certainly consider doing it for the guy.  I have a lot of "stuff" going on in real life right now so timing could be a problem.  I've been on vacation all this past week but only got to spend about 90 minutes in the shop so if he wants it fast, that ain't going to happen from me right now. 

Maybe some of the more experienced scollers here have alreay contacted you.  Or maybe someone more interested in making things to sell than me.  Definitely give them the first consideration but I will try to step in if I am all you've got.

Dawie

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 01:29:10 am »
Just to answer your question Becky. Yes your cutting is good enough, I would buy it if I saw it somewhere. On the help question, sorry Sheila can't offer that. Great of you to post it though.
David.

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 02:42:01 am »
Sheila if it was in NZ I would surely do it for the person, sorry I can not help
Jimbo

canadasgall

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 05:33:50 am »
well i wouldn't mind giving it a try but the shipping from canada would probaly be more then he would like to spend..and becky your cutting is beautiful it turned out great

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010, 07:37:18 am »
I really appreciate the replies.  I know what you are all saying.  I really didn't know what to tell this gentleman and I thought I would just ask.  I have had so many deadlines lately I just couldn't do it.  I guess I am always trying to 'fix' things and make everyone happy.  I told him I would let him know if I heard anything by the end of the week, so if I don't have a lead by then, I will just tell him. 

You guys are always generous and kind and I appreciate everything.  I just know for myself that I can't do it so I certainly understand if no one else can either.  I hope you didn't mind me asking. :)

Sheila
Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Designer, Artist, Teacher
Owner, Sheila Landry Designs
www.sheilalandrydesigns.com
Knowledge Is Power

ufgator

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2010, 09:01:00 am »
Sheila; I would love to help but I have not reached the point I could successfully do that project.  I have not attempted a segmentation project yet and would not want disappoint him or disgrace you and your pattern.
Sorry!
Bill

Dragonlord85

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2010, 12:37:00 pm »
Sheila, you have a PM.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:44:36 pm by Dragonlord85 »

SMF

Teknoromi