Author Topic: kick back saw  (Read 1238 times)

Manuel

kick back saw
« on: July 22, 2010, 05:02:07 pm »
I am learning to cut, I do have a lot  of trouble cutting strait, amd my saw kick back very often, what I am doing wrong, the blade teeth are all looking down and the tension I think is ok. English is my second laguage so I am trying to write the best I can. Could anybody please help me?.
Thank
Mauel

northie66

Re: kick back saw
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 06:49:24 pm »
I think it might help if you provide some more info. Like what type of scroll saw you have, what type of blade you are using, what type and thickness of wood you are cutting?

cherie

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 07:14:39 pm »
Also has to do with how worn the blade is.  I have noticed that a dull blade will grab the wood and yank it upwards.  Maybe your not holding it down enough.  It could be many things, but please elaborate like Janet asked.

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 07:18:59 pm »
Possibly pushing the wood to hard into the blade also not holding your work firmly on the saw bench
Jimbo

sp_343

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 07:22:15 pm »
I agree with others.  I have had that happen if I am not holding the wood down on the table surface or if the blade is worn down.  Might be pushing the wood into the blade...need to let the blade do the work.

boxmaker

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 08:20:28 pm »
Janet is right we need more info. If you are using a reverse tooth blade and cutting thick wood and not holding it down good it will lift up. Mark

UHMNL

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 08:23:17 pm »
Most blades have a burr on the right side, to stay on the line move the wood some degree to the right, this helps to, stay on the line. You might not have enough tension on the blade, the blade should not move sideways more than 1/8" and that is almost to much. When the blade is grabbing the wood, this means that you have not enough speed and you are pushing too hard into the blade. Let the blad do the cutting.
FD Mike

Dawie

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2010, 05:28:57 pm »
Everything I could think of has already been said. So I agree with the others.
David.

jim stiek

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2010, 07:10:45 pm »
how fast are you running your saw sometimes I see people trying to turn quickly while running the saw at a slower speed and that can cause the wood to slap the table.

SMF

Teknoromi