Author Topic: Down under  (Read 3741 times)

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Re: Down under
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2010, 11:32:43 pm »
You got lots of things we don't have! Roos, Kukaburra, and all kinds of neat stuff!

Don't sell your country short, man.

I would give my Yella Saw to be able to come visit your part of the world!

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2010, 03:18:18 am »
Oz is the only place it grows I think
Jimbo

juvy

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2010, 06:00:51 am »
GB would not dream of selling Australia short. After all I CHOOSE to live here.
I was born and raised in Germany.... then lived in Texas 25 years and believe me.... this is THE place to be! The best of all worlds.
Only little gripe I have is that it's more difficult/expensive and takes longer to get some things here.

That's not always a bad thing tho..... going clothes shopping is quick.... I can stand in middle of shop... do one turn..... see there are only 3 garments in "my" colour.... check the size.... done.... lol  Beats the times I spend at Walmart trying to make a decision. :)

I loved Texas, I still do, specially since my sons and grandsons live there, love the bluebonnets, but Australia beats it.... I found some European customs I was used to.... and the open spaces are even more open and more wide then the ones in America. It was an easy choice to become Australian :)

Juvy

northie66

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2010, 06:55:15 am »
I hate picking out clothes too.  If I were retired, I'd have a whole closet of the same thing then I wouldn't waste thought on what to wear.

I have to ask Juvy, since nobody else is.  (I've been waiting them out.  hehehe.)  Is Juvy your real name?  The reason I ask is because it's a slang word here in the states.  Take a look:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=juvy

juvy

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2010, 07:23:56 am »
rofl rofl rofl....... never even thought of that!
And it is real..... sort of..... lol  since I never was any good in coming up with good nicks I just simply use the first two letters of my first and last name.
Doing that I ran into trouble when I still lived in the US.... back then I was Juga.... that got me a few confused messages from spanish speaking people! lol So I thought when I got remarried I'd change to the new name.... now seems I'm in trouble again! :)

Oh and I did exactly what you plan on doing when you retire..... I bought several huge men's t-shirts and sweatshirts in different colours..... never have a problem thinking what to wear in the morning.. one of those depending on the weather and jeans.... all done.... :)

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2010, 07:48:12 am »
that's the beauty of being self employed!  Find a comfy pair of jeans and buy 5 of the same.  Throw on a t-shirt and you're ready to hit the shop.  My life is simple

Offline GrayBeard

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2010, 09:29:50 am »
Clothes? what are they?

Skin washes and dries much easier than clothes!

Ever saw in the buff? Dust gets in the darndest places!!!

Wishful Thinking?   Maybe!

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

jim stiek

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2010, 10:05:03 am »
Greybeard
that is the answer to how doo you keep the sawdust from ruining your clothes.
jim

Offline GrayBeard

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2010, 01:33:08 pm »
IF it were not for my sister and the local laws I would never wear clothes around the house!!!

I guess that makes me a closet nudist!!!!!!!!

~~~GB~~~

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2010, 04:26:21 pm »
jay bird isn't?
Jimbo

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2010, 04:39:35 pm »
That just ain't going to happen. Scrolling in the buff. OMG  ::)  ::)  ::)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

northie66

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2010, 06:41:50 pm »
I would too GB.  Once the family went on vacation without me and that's exactly what I did.

juvy

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2010, 06:42:29 pm »
The subject really deteriorated while I was sleeping! lol

Sawing in the nuddy...... na.... doesn't sound good at all..... sawdust is probably worse then sand!!!!!

As for how to keep clothes from getting dirty..... hmmmmmm... never occurred to me to worry about that.

It doesn't bother me to get sawdust on clothes.... when I'm done.... vac off as much as I can.... then we do have  a thing called washer!  There are a couple guys in our club who religiously wear aprons when they saw, but I can't be bothered. I don't have fancy clothes.

northie66

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2010, 06:43:54 pm »
Yeah, me too Juvy... I have one hanging there and I just ignore it.  And when I'm done sawing, I just brush myself off and move onto other things.  I guess I'm not real fixity.

I take it Juvy, you are a woman?

juvy

« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2010, 06:47:45 pm »
lol that's another thing I never think about.... the name doesn't give away "what" I am!
But the picture does.... if you have good glasses. On the left is Ken.... and on the right ... that's supposed to be me.... I am by the way Jutta. :)

Now to really shock most of you folks...... I saw in a spare bedroom INSIDE the house!!!!! There is no ac or heater in there ( with all that stored wood in there that wouldn't be a good idea) so when necessary I leave the door open ( most of the time). That means that the dust filter has no chance of getting all that dust out of the air before it's out of the door and onto all our stuff in the rest of the house! Lucky for us... most of the people who visit us are fellow woodies and they just don't care if there's a bit of sawdust in their coffee... makes them feel right at home! lol

SMF

Teknoromi