Author Topic: The science of scrolling  (Read 2403 times)

Offline EIEIO

• Be Prepared.
    • View Profile
    • RMHayes, LLC
Re: The science of scrolling
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2013, 11:07:59 am »
I started with a Tai Chi group about 2 years ago and I think the slow, precise exercise is good for both brain and brawn. We use William C C Chen's 60 position method; just remembering 60 steps in a sequence takes some time and exercises the old melon.
EX-21 arrived 2-1-2013!
Porter-Cable PCB370SS in the corner
Lancaster Ohio
Ray Hayes - RMHayes@RMHayes.US
www.RMHayes.US

Graywolf

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2013, 04:03:58 pm »
What a great topic. I started scrolling in 2011, so I am a newbie. I have noticed there is a difference (for the good) in that time. Several months ago I noticed I was watching the line as I cut, not worrying where I was going in the next minuet or so. It has made my scrolling better. I also found out that if I just cut the line and not think about it, the sawing goes much better. I still have my first scroll saw project hanging in my shop. When I start thinking I'm not doing very good I look at that project an see my progress.

countryscroller

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2013, 09:25:51 pm »
What a great topic. I started scrolling in 2011, so I am a newbie. I have noticed there is a difference (for the good) in that time. Several months ago I noticed I was watching the line as I cut, not worrying where I was going in the next minuet or so. It has made my scrolling better. I also found out that if I just cut the line and not think about it, the sawing goes much better. I still have my first scroll saw project hanging in my shop. When I start thinking I'm not doing very good I look at that project an see my progress.
  I agree. I also am a newbie, only been scrolling for 3 years now. Looking back over the projects and seeing your improvements and growth is a cool feeling. And thinking that years from now you will look back again and see how you improved even more. I think my very first project is grinded into the ground in ashes now, but I can definitely laugh at some of the projects that I thought were good at the time.

SMF

Teknoromi