Author Topic: Mitre Saw Blade Selection  (Read 3099 times)

Offline Billy in Va

• DONT GROW UP ITS A TRAP!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Mitre Saw Blade Selection
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2013, 09:21:59 pm »
Here is a  picture of the blade.  it does say  Miter/Table  Lower left of the blade. The hook angle in not mentioned. The blade cuts very good sharp cuts in both crosscut and rip. Making tahe trk to the closest Woodcraft tomorrow.Picking up a Freud blade ffor a friend and a one for myself.  As my friend stated  They just have too much stuff I think I need/want!!!!   I also looked at the other blades  ( all 10") I have and ther are pretty much the  same story.   2 Dewalts contractor blades  and a Porter Cable ( came with my old saw0.  They all show/saw that are good for  miter/sliding miter or table.  The blade in the picture is going on my miter saw and new blades will be for the table saw.  Hope this helps.
Common Sense is a flower that does not grow in everyone's garden
Scrollin' - Scrollin' Scrollin' on the River

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2013, 09:29:32 pm »
Thats still looks pretty aggressive, I have a 60 tooth on my table saw and its just a cheap blade,  and its not a combination like that one, it has teeth all the way around. Should look up types of saw blades, there are think 4 different type of teeth on a blade, they are angled and raked different, it could be that blade to me the spaces around the blade could be what is tearing it out.

This is what my 60 tooth table saw blade is I got a 3 pack 24t, ?t and a 60t, this is for a 7 1/4 saw but I got a 10 inch version of it, http://www.lowes.com/pd_203875-353-75760B10_0__?productId=1207377&Ntt=60+tooth+saw+blade

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2013, 09:36:14 pm »
Here is some info from rockler on saw blades, might have some good info for you.

http://www.rockler.com/articles/saw-blades-101.cfm

SMF

Teknoromi