Author Topic: Attention all UK scrollers-Top Rated Blades  (Read 6285 times)

Tortuga Steve

Attention all UK scrollers-Top Rated Blades
« on: May 09, 2013, 12:33:51 pm »
Just a heads up guys about a Ebay seller called "Dragon blades", have used these people on a couple of occassions now and can't fault them.  They have an extensive range of blades and they are giving away a free trial blade at the mo with every purchase.  These are Niqua blades which are manufactured at the same factory as "Flying Dutchman".  ;D

here's the link
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Scroll-Saw-Blades-Flying-Dutchman-Manufacturer-free-Trial-blade-/330920340270?pt=UK_Home_Garden_PowerTools_SM&hash=item4d0c63ab2e

Offline daveo

• DT CRAFTS LINCS UK
    • View Profile
Re: Attention all UK scrollers-Top Rated Blades
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 12:39:04 pm »
Steve I have used them several times and found them good both for quality and service
my only query is why has FD rebranded there blades inn the uk?
Dave

Tortuga Steve

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 12:55:10 pm »
Not sure if it's a rebrand but after previous extensive searches have never found a FD supplier in the UK, Guess all the good stuff is the other side of the pond lol. ::)

Offline daveo

• DT CRAFTS LINCS UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 01:42:57 pm »
steve
you are right finding FD in the UK is like trying to find chicken lips
Dave

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2013, 02:37:54 pm »
Thanks for the info, but I think I'll stick with Mike at http://www.mikesworkshop.com/blades.htm as he only charges $3.50 per doz for FD UR blades or $31.50 per gross.  Looking at that site the blades are ?5.00 per doz.  I think I'll save money and still have the excellent service from Mike.
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

Offline Martin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2013, 02:49:49 pm »
Steve I have used them several times and found them good both for quality and service
Dave

What's in a name? They are all Niqua aren't they? :D BTW, you can buy Niqua blades from Hegner UK, and also from Hobbies. I don't know how the prices compare to buying them from mikesworkshop.

Martin.

Tortuga Steve

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2013, 03:21:30 pm »
Dave

What's in a name? They are all Niqua aren't they? :D BTW, you can buy Niqua blades from Hegner UK, and also from Hobbies. I don't know how the prices compare to buying them from mikesworkshop.

Martin.

Cheers Martin for the heads up mate I'll take a look and compare.

Thanks Keefie I didn't know that Mike was willing to ship them here, that's definately another option.

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2013, 06:21:25 pm »
Hey UK dudes and Dudettes,  Mike ships to the other side of the world... even down the bottom to little olde New-Zealand and you just can't beat the price and the service is the best and quick.
oh I have tried to beat the price, I have searched high and low... hell even sideways  ;D

***Merlin***
Try not! Do,
or do not
There is no try

Yoda "Empire Strikes Back" 1980

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2013, 07:19:08 pm »
I agree with that Merlin, You can't beat Mike's service
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

redmoorphil

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2013, 12:07:16 pm »
I have also bought from Mike and his service is absolutely top notch. Much cheaper than buying the blades in the UK and they arrive really quickly.
Because I really liked Olson PGT I purchased my last lot of blades from woodenteddybear (Olson Mach Speed blades) but I am very disappointed with them and nearly every blade arrived badly bent.
Next time I will stick to Mike - lesson learned!

SMF

Teknoromi