Author Topic: EX21 Lever Tension Problem  (Read 8425 times)

Offline spiderman

• Spiderman
    • View Profile
Re: EX21 Lever Tension Problem
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2013, 03:35:13 pm »
Thanks Newfie but there was nothing in that article to help with my problem.

EIEIO - Everything you mention checks out. The problem is that when I flip the tension lever to apply the tension, it just flips right back to unload the tension. I'm wondering and maybe you could check this for me as I've never noticed before. My tension lever is now fully rounded. Could it be that due to wear and tear it has rounded and no longer catches. Could you please check yours to see if it's rounded all the way round front and back of the lever. Maybe I need a new lever, but I don't remember what a brand new one is supposed to look like. Thanks again. I've written to Seyco, but don't know if they ship to Canada.

Mike

You are going to have to replace that tension lever there is a new upgrade tension lever that works great. I had the samething happen to me. once I replace it i was back making saw dust :=D
SPIDERMAN THE KING OF THE WEB

ShadowB6

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2013, 01:29:58 am »
Yep, you're right Cyberghost. Seyco sent me the entire flip assembly and my saw is back to being in perfect condition. I'm in bliss again. I even had Ray send me the round knobs. A bit pricey at $30 but I see a huge advantage to using them over the long haul. They make quite a difference.

Mike

Offline tvman44

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2013, 08:25:57 am »
I ordered the round knobs when I ordered my saw and can't imagine not having them. :)
Bob Making sawdust in SW Louisiana with a
EX-21

SMF

Teknoromi