Author Topic: Rapidresizer Program  (Read 1929 times)

Offline Toneman

• View Profile
    • TLC Miniature Horse Farm
Rapidresizer Program
« on: January 23, 2013, 09:18:09 am »
I tried out the free trial program of Rapidrisizer yesterday and love what I could do with resizing patterns that I had on my computer. Has anyone purchased this program and is it worth the cost? I have Gimp and Inkscape for photo conversions, but this program seems to be better just for line patterns. Any feedback would be appreciated!

Tony,aka,Toneman

The WoodArtist

Re: Rapidresizer Program
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 09:34:26 am »
I use it pretty much all the time. I love it as it allows me to enlarge or decrease size of patterns without much of a headache pretty simple to use. I also like the idea as it can just print outlines meaning it saves ink. I would say purchase it you'll not be disappointed.

countryscroller

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 09:35:13 am »
I haven't tried that program, but an online program that I heard about on here called http://www.resizeyourimage.com/  It works good for me and it is free. I also have Inkscape.

ChuckD

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 04:05:28 pm »
I have used and bought Rapidresizer over 10 years ago.  There is no way I could say how many times i have used it.  Very seldom is a pattern the right size to fit the piece of wood I have.  With the RR I can can change it from inches to feet.  I did an intarsia eagle that was five feet across and the RR took it from 12 inches wide to that.  It is almost as valuable to me as one of my saws. (But not quite)  Even if you don't re-size it you can run the pattern and print it in red which makes for much easier cutting.
BTW, did I tell you I like it..  Yes it is worth every penny.  Good Luck :):)

Offline tbolt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 07:27:00 pm »
Use it all the time haven't used any of the otherd

cameronj

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 09:09:08 am »
I've just been playing around with the 'resizeyourimage.com' program, and I like it.  Never heard of it before, but I'll be sure to use it.  Thanks.

The WoodArtist

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 01:40:10 pm »
I checked out the "resizeyourimage.com" It's an ok program only downfall is you have to be online to use it, where with the rapidresizer once you buy it you don't have to be online to use it. With all the positive with this program it's worth the money. You can change size of your pattern, you can even print in different colors with it, one I like is you can also just print outlines which saves ink. That other program is good also except it's an online program and probably has some spyware in it being it's as good as it is and it's free. I'll stick with the rapidresizer.

Offline Kepy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 02:20:11 pm »
I use Rapid Resizer all the time.  Bought if off ebay for a good price several years ago.

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2013, 12:02:00 pm »
I also use rapid resizer a lot and really like it.  I searched for it online and found a re-seller who had a little better price.  I sent an email to the author of the software and told him I wanted the good price, but would prefer to buy it from him directly.  He agreed to match the price, which allowed me to do an immediate download instead of waiting for a cd to arrive in the mail, but saved a few bucks also.  You might want to see if you can still find the reseller and do the same.
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

SMF

Teknoromi