Author Topic: Pumpkin Fest Sales OK  (Read 1015 times)

Offline Toneman

• View Profile
    • TLC Miniature Horse Farm
Pumpkin Fest Sales OK
« on: October 28, 2012, 08:51:12 pm »
I set up a booth at our local pumpkin fest festival in downtown Paris, Texas Saturday and did ok selling mostly Christmas ornaments. I sold a few other items related to halloween and did sell all 9 crosses that I made. At the end of the day (12 hrs), I had totaled $400.00. The rental space was $100.00, so, left with $300.00. I know this is not a huge successful day, but, I think the revenue will pay for more wood and blades,etc.,etc. I am not into scrolling for a business, but, wife says I need to sell enough to pay for materials! LOL Anyway, it was fun(although hard work setting up and taking down displays) and I enjoyed the fellowship with other vendors. I was the only scroll vendor and many people had never seen wood scroll work. I sold the ornaments for $4.00. I did sell a small portrait for $25.00. If it was in a metropolitan area, I would have higher prices, but, being a small town far from any large city, I thought the prices were fair. Just thought I would pass this along to newbies like me so they can see that a little of the expenses can be offset if desired.

Tony,aka,Toneman

Offline Billy in Va

• DONT GROW UP ITS A TRAP!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Pumpkin Fest Sales OK
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 10:04:06 pm »
Tony

I think you did great!!!!!!  Small town street festivals are tough sells  I agree with the work, makes for a long day.  Hey  has your wife been talking to mine. Seems i have heard the same thing.  congrats on a successful show.
Common Sense is a flower that does not grow in everyone's garden
Scrollin' - Scrollin' Scrollin' on the River

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 03:19:56 am »
Congrats, any show where you cover the rental space and make a profit (however  large or small) is a good sale.
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

Offline edward

• View Profile
    • eds scrollwork
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 09:31:08 am »
 Glad you had a decent day, I've done shows where I didn't make table momey,  and although I appreciate the wife being there to help, I feel sometimes its not worth the two of us there, but like you said it help pays for the  supplies, and its only a hobby, and not a business.  Edward

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 11:37:11 am »
congrats on the sale!! sounds like you had a great day.
Marcel

sometimes I make designer firewood....

SMF

Teknoromi