Author Topic: Adjusting picture size in Inkscape  (Read 1283 times)

Malistar22

Adjusting picture size in Inkscape
« on: February 19, 2014, 04:32:42 pm »
OK, this is driving me nuts. The program is so unintuitive I feel like a noob instead of an IT guy with over 20 years of experience. Can someone please tell me how to adjust the canvas size after I adjust the image size? If I make the image bigger in Inkscape (I get how to do that), the only part that actually saves is the part that's inside the original box or 'canvas'.

Becky

Re: Adjusting picture size in Inkscape
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 09:11:43 pm »
Find this icon - the page with a wrench on it.  That's what you use to set up the page (size and orientation).

Malistar22

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 03:40:50 pm »
You Becky, are a certified genius! Thank you! Both me and my sanity thank you!  ;D

tdpainter

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 03:45:18 pm »
You could also get the same By clicking on file, then go to Document properties

Offline EIEIO

• Be Prepared.
    • View Profile
    • RMHayes, LLC
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 08:10:33 pm »
After making a trace and resizing it, I usually go to [File][Document Properties...] and a dialog box pops up. There is a button labeled "Resize page to content". Click that button, then another button says "Resize page to drawing or selection". That will set the page size to just fit the trace.
EX-21 arrived 2-1-2013!
Porter-Cable PCB370SS in the corner
Lancaster Ohio
Ray Hayes - RMHayes@RMHayes.US
www.RMHayes.US

Becky

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 09:31:31 pm »
Glad I could help but it looks like these other folks know more about it than me (which doesn't surprise me in the least).

I agree that this program in not very intuitive.  Maybe it is to a graphics designer.  I still can't figure out how to make a curve the way I want it.  I suspect it is probably simple when you know how but it is very frustrating when you move one of those node things and the entire shape changes.  But, to be fair, I haven't really applied myself to learning it.  I just want it to be easy to do whatever I want whenever I need that particular thing, lol.

Malistar22

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2014, 09:08:00 am »
I just want it to be easy to do whatever I want whenever I need that particular thing, lol.

LMAO. Can I use that sentence as a life motto? I love it. You need to copyright it.

Becky

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2014, 09:49:09 pm »
Hey, you're the one learning Inkscape.  Make a pattern of it!   ;D

SMF

Teknoromi