Author Topic: "Maxthon" Browser.....  (Read 2051 times)

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
"Maxthon" Browser.....
« on: March 20, 2013, 11:32:27 pm »
I have been having some problems with browsers lately and have started researching a replacement for Google Chrome. It gets slower  and crankier every day.

Firefox has fallen behind the pack, Opera is to damn complicated, Internet Explorer will never be on any machine of mine so I have found...
MAXTHON...Version 3.4.5.2000.

It is super fast, very clean, totally intuitive and easy to use. Bookmarks can be quickly and easily imported from Chrome, Firefox, Opera and even IE.
Your resources will get a break because it runs so clean and takes up less space.
It has been running without so much as a hiccup for 8 days and I like it more each day.

Take it for a test drive and see what you think....

<http://www.maxthon.com/>

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
Re: "Maxthon" Browser.....
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 09:07:39 pm »
I have been using firefox for a long time had good luck with though lately its been acting weird and slow. Will give this a try sounds pretty cool, I never have like IE and will never ever go back to it.

Offline GrayBeard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 09:13:29 pm »
NOTE: There is a Newer version of Maxthon known as the Maxthon Cloud Browser! DO NOT use this one....Get a version of Maxthon3...

Do a Google search for <Maxthon 3> and it will give you the places to download from.

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 09:23:46 pm »
Whats the difference between the 3 and the cloud?

Offline GrayBeard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 09:29:21 pm »
It wants to store everything you upload or download on some mystical 'cloud' server and other funky things!

I just want a seriously FAST browser!

If you want to try it be my guest. I d/l'ed it and installed it and immediately uninstalled it.....

~~~GB~~~

~~~GB~~~

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 09:32:28 pm »
Yea I noticed that, but think you have to tell it that, but this is alot faster just have to learn a new browser but will most likely use this one it even loads the forum alot faster than firefox.

Offline GrayBeard

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 09:35:51 pm »
I currently have 12 'tabs' on my header and can switch from one to the other instantaneously and that makes it 'wunnerful' for me!

~~~GB!!!

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2013, 09:37:12 pm »
Yea firefox would lag sometimes.

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2013, 04:33:28 am »
GB, did Googled a bit and I was wondering.
you need all kind of plug-ins for flash and I read something about pdf extensions.
not sure but when all this is installed doesn't it become as slow as all the others?

it's a 'cloud' solution, which can be really great if you use 5 different devices, and you want to access it right the same as where you stopped on an other device.
but I'm not convinced of 'the cloud' yet.
I curious about it, but not gonna use it at this time.
please keep me posted on the development of this new browser.
Marcel

sometimes I make designer firewood....

SMF

Teknoromi