Author Topic: aquarium air blower adapted for a saw  (Read 1364 times)

Offline Artemisblossom

• View Profile
aquarium air blower adapted for a saw
« on: January 10, 2019, 01:14:08 pm »
I have been reading that a lot of people are using aquarium air pumps as a blower for their saw. I do not have a very good blower on my saw and would love to see pictures or instructions on how people hook up aquarium air pumps to their saws. I have lots of aquarium air pumps laying around I just can't picture how to hook them up. I would think they would vibrate and make a lot of noise. Does anyone have any pictures they are willing to share?

Offline Scott

• View Profile
Re: aquarium air blower adapted for a saw
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 09:48:24 am »
I don't have pictures, but it seems like I have seen them with the pump sitting next to the saw or cable tied to the stand, and then a long piece of white or clear plastic tubing running up from there and cable tied to the upper arm. If you have a foot switch, then a three outlet adapter inserted into the back of the foot switch,  into which you plug the aquarium blower cord and the saw cord starts both with the foot switch.
Does that sound feasible?
"Be yourself, everyone else is taken..."
Jn. 5:24

Offline Norm Fengstad

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 05:41:47 pm »
I had a Dremel saw , secured an air pump with cable ties or tape to the arm of the saw , ran a plastic tube taped to the original blower flex pipe. worked good with no vibration. It ran fairly quiet that I often forgot to turn it off

Offline Artemisblossom

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 09:25:00 pm »
thank you I will give it a try

SMF

Teknoromi