Author Topic: Wheels for the Train of names  (Read 3401 times)

SD Scroller

Wheels for the Train of names
« on: February 27, 2011, 03:25:18 am »
Does anyone know where i can get inexpensive wood wheels for the train that has the letters of a childs name?

Thank you in advance.

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
Re: Wheels for the Train of names
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 05:51:48 am »
Of hand no but the best and least expensive wood be to use a hole saw.

***Merlin***
Try not! Do,
or do not
There is no try

Yoda "Empire Strikes Back" 1980

Offline crusty59

• View Profile
    • Wood Crafts by Chris
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 08:36:22 am »
SD
I have a really good site for wheels and various oher wood parts. I am away from home for the weekend and that site is stored in my computer. I will try and remember tomorrow to send you the site. Remind me if I don't

Chachi

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 10:18:26 am »
SD depending on where you are from (the states or abroad) you could try Michaels or hobby lobby or a local craft store.

I agree with Merlin though I would get the most cheapest (in price) wood I could find and a hole saw and make mine own.

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 11:21:18 am »
Although you can get them at the local craft stores, they are far more expensive that way.  You can get them at several places online.
Meisel wood hobby, winfield collection, the wooden teddy bear, cherry tree toys, etc.  They all give price breaks for quantities.

Offline mrsn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 01:04:15 pm »
online is cheaper, but sometimes you have to buy a lot of them. I usually buy mine from michales or jo ann craft. Craft stores are way cheaper then woodworking stores locally.

shadowfx97

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2011, 01:32:05 pm »
Try www.americanwoodcrafterssupply.com. Prompt delivery, high quality, and excellent prices. As an example, 1 1/4 inch rosette wheels in maple (3/8 inch thick) priced as follows: 12 for $1.75; 50 for $5.95; 100 for $10.50; 1000 for $84.95 (that's 8.5 cents a wheel for the large quantity!) Great selection of wheels and all kinds of other goodies none of us can live without. And no, I'm not affiliated with them except as a happy customer.

SD Scroller

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2011, 12:03:41 am »
Thank you for all the information.  Being a relatively new scroller, having people with great sources and experience sure helps me.

Mike

Dawie

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2011, 06:29:03 am »
Try www.americanwoodcrafterssupply.com. Prompt delivery, high quality, and excellent prices. As an example, 1 1/4 inch rosette wheels in maple (3/8 inch thick) priced as follows: 12 for $1.75; 50 for $5.95; 100 for $10.50; 1000 for $84.95 (that's 8.5 cents a wheel for the large quantity!) Great selection of wheels and all kinds of other goodies none of us can live without. And no, I'm not affiliated with them except as a happy customer.
Pity they only ship US. They really have some nice goodies.
David

Offline crusty59

• View Profile
    • Wood Crafts by Chris
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2011, 09:45:11 am »
Hi SD
I am at home and remembered you needed a website for wheels.
http://www.craftparts.com
They have great prices and lots to choose from
Enjoy

SD Scroller

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2011, 03:55:41 am »
Wow there are wheels and more that i want or need.  Thank you for posting it when you got home.

Awesome stuff

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2011, 12:27:25 pm »
David (Dawie).

If there is something you are in need of, I'm sure some of us could forward a package on for you.
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

SMF

Teknoromi