Author Topic: Toys sold at markets  (Read 6083 times)

patch

Toys sold at markets
« on: April 20, 2010, 06:12:49 am »
Some of my toys I sell at weekend markets
The crane jib was a challenge it is all one piece 

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
Re: Toys sold at markets
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 06:42:10 am »
Very impressive work.  I cannot imagine you get compensated nearly enough for the time involved.  Thanks for posting.
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

patch

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 07:14:23 am »
Very impressive work.  I cannot imagine you get compensated nearly enough for the time involved.  Thanks for posting.
As my wife (Carol) said it keeps me out of her hair  you are correct I got $50.00 for that Crane
But it dose give me satisfaction

Marshall

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 07:32:28 am »
Patch I'll agree with Mike on this also , but they sure are sharp . best to you and the wife ........Marshall

Ugsduck

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 07:56:05 am »
The crane jib is all in one piece?!!
Wow! - the drawing for that piece of 3d cutting must have taken a bit of working out....

Well done

ccrios

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 08:21:02 am »
Hello

My name is claudio and I'm looking flat wooden toys, if someone can send me any you'll be grateful

oily

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 08:24:03 am »
Fantastic work!!  Couldn't see the little guy with the ladder too well (my eyes) What does he do? Up, down or both?

Raymond

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2010, 12:05:07 pm »
I have to agree, we can never really sell any of our works for what they really cost to make, what with materials, tools, stitches..Opps did I say that. Well there is that cost to figure in too. I make wooden toys and if I tried to sell them for all the time and effort I have invested in them they would not be afordable. Yes I like to make some money making wooden toys, but there is the satifaction of knowing that something that I crafted is being appreciated by someone else who actually thought enough of what I did to purchase it. We might call ourselfs woodworkers, but we really are artists. And artists rarely ever get to see the fruits of there labors while they are living. When I'm gone....then I'll make come serious coin off my creations.

patch

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2010, 08:30:35 pm »
Fantastic work!!  Couldn't see the little guy with the ladder too well (my eyes) What does he do? Up, down or both?
you put him at the top of the ladder and he tumbles to the bottom if I can find the plan I will send it to you

Offline Barry

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2010, 09:42:06 pm »
Nice work Patch!

Barry

oily

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2010, 08:19:57 am »
you put him at the top of the ladder and he tumbles to the bottom if I can find the plan I will send it to you
Thanks Patch that would be much appreciated.  I built a similar toy from a Steve Good pattern
oily002@Yahoo.com

louie

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2010, 07:33:38 pm »
Hi, here are some of the toy trucks I've made and tried to sell at markets.

[attachment deleted by admin]

kp91

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2010, 08:38:34 pm »
Great work guys!  I love them all.

Raymond

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2010, 11:44:12 am »
Great work. Where did you get the drawings for the Chev or is that your own plan?

louie

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2010, 11:02:33 pm »
I got the plans for the '56 chevy from Cherrytree toys at http://www.cherrytreetoys.com/

SMF

Teknoromi