Author Topic: my new shop  (Read 850 times)

stephenD

my new shop
« on: September 06, 2011, 03:45:05 pm »
I have been using a corner of the back patio for my shop untill about a month ago.
My good wife convinced me to get a "tough shed" in the back yard to use as a shop so my tools would be secure.
About 6 months ago she mentioned that if I purchased any more tools I would need a shop to put them in, so I bought a belt/disk sander to go with the Hawk, 10" band saw and other small power tools.   That did it.  That's why she insisted I get a shop building.  Worked for me.

I finally got the electric hooked up over the weekend and so had time to do some cutting again.

I started with these small projects.  The piece with the bark on it is a cut from a misquite branch from a tree in the front yard.  The Large heart and arrow heads are from the perishing grapefruit tree in the back yard.  The smaller harts are from an unknown wood I picked up from someone's scrap at the local "Desert Woodcrafters" club here in Tucson.  

I will post some photos of the before and after of the interior of the shop later.

Oh crum....the photo is too large.....crum
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 03:56:37 pm by stephenD »

Offline DWSudekum

• View Profile
    • The DW Collection
Re: my new shop
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 05:58:12 pm »
Congratulations on having a wife that supports you hobby.  It is nice to have a shop to work in especially in the winter time.  As for the photos use paint or one of the other picture editors to resize it to a size that the board will accept.  Looking forward to seeing your shop.

DW
Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid  -  John Wayne

stephenD

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 06:47:52 pm »
DW
which format will work?

Offline DWSudekum

• View Profile
    • The DW Collection
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 11:02:01 pm »
jpg or gif works well.  Size is up to you but realize this 640 x 640 is a good size to work from.

DW
Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid  -  John Wayne

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 11:24:22 pm »
It needs to be 128KB or less.
Dan In Southern California

SMF

Teknoromi