Author Topic: Very small issue  (Read 1851 times)

Offline rickther

• eureka ca.
    • View Profile
Very small issue
« on: December 29, 2018, 01:28:05 pm »
I am doing some puzzles, exactly as Steve does down to packing tape both ways. I am using F/D 2/0 reverse blades on my hawk.
The issue is that I am getting small (very) fuzzys on the picture side. up to this point I am using postcards for my pictures and this is just a small annoyance but takes a while to clear up.  Any suggestions?
  Rick
RBI VS 26

Offline spirithorse

• View Profile
Re: Very small issue
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2018, 02:04:12 pm »
Greetings,
I would suggest using skip tooth blades rather than reverse tooth blades but, I am
definitely not an expert at picture puzzles.
Hopefully others will chime in soon and either discredit what I have said, agree with it,
or have a better solution.
God Bless! Spirithorse

Offline spirithorse

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2018, 03:02:29 pm »
Hello, again,
I just looked up the tooth configuration on some Superior Puzzle Blades from Flying Dutchman
and looked at mikesworkshop.com who sells blades and there are neither skip tooth nor reverse tooth
configuration on the puzzle blades.
 I still stand by my original post that i think skip tooth blades would
work fine but, wanted to let you know about the puzzle blades.
God Bless! Spirithorse

Offline rickther

• eureka ca.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2018, 07:15:25 pm »
Thanks Spirit, I'll look into the puzzle blades. I wondered about that on the reverse blade since the material is only 1/4 inch.
 Now to figure out how to shrink wrap.... first try a disaster  ::)
RBI VS 26

Offline Norm Fengstad

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2018, 07:51:40 am »
I have tried may different blades for photo puzzles,  the Pegas, Modified Geometry #2/0 works best for me.

Offline daveo

• DT CRAFTS LINCS UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2018, 09:45:28 am »
Rick
when you say FD 2/0 reverse  is that the UR, if so thats the problem every third tooth is reversed and you will have a reverse tooth clipping the face of the puzzle
I use Niqua fix reverse in that only  a few teeth are reversed at the bottom of the blade and are similar in configuration to the ones Norm is using

Dave

Offline rickther

• eureka ca.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2018, 11:32:46 am »
Daveo, nope not the ur. these are just reversed on the last few teeth. my thought was their are just enough to reach the 1/4 inch material on the upstroke and cause fuzzies. I have ordered some superior puzzle blades and will see if this works better
 As I said in the beginning it is just a small annoyance but I wanted to find out,
Thanks    Rick
RBI VS 26

Offline Norm Fengstad

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2018, 10:45:33 am »
I tried the Superior puzzle blade, it worked o.k but for me the blade seemed to wander and I didn't have the control I wanted  I still use this blade sometimes but not for puzzles. since using the Pegas, modified Geometery 2/0 blade . Perhaps my cutting style is to aggressive   

Offline rickther

• eureka ca.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2018, 10:25:26 pm »
Thanks for the info norm, I'll keep it in mind. I have yet to receive blades but what the heck, i'll give em a try.
 I have tried other blades, I literally have dozens of different kinds in the shop to try from all different makers.
   Rick   :-[
RBI VS 26

SMF

Teknoromi