Author Topic: Air hose upgrade  (Read 2259 times)

Offline Raptor66

• View Profile
Air hose upgrade
« on: March 07, 2016, 04:47:34 pm »
Is there a better air hose replacement for a delta 40-560?  My original keeps breaking at the attachment point and it's getting too short. 
Chris

Offline Jim Finn

• View Profile
Re: Air hose upgrade
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 09:36:43 am »
I grew tired of repairing the dust blowing system on my scroll saws and tried other options.  I used air from my compressor but still had issues with the hose directing the air similar to your problem.  I tried a vacuum cleaner for dust removal and it worked OK but I killed more than one shop vac this way.  I now have an $8 hair dryer pointed at my saws, mounted on the bench or on a floor lamp and that works very well for me.
20"Hegner Polymax-3 (2008)
25"Hegner Multimax-3 (1986)

No PHD, just a  DD 214

Offline Hawkdave

• Adelaide, Australia.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 05:43:50 pm »
I grew tired of repairing the dust blowing system on my scroll saws and tried other options.  I used air from my compressor but still had issues with the hose directing the air similar to your problem.  I tried a vacuum cleaner for dust removal and it worked OK but I killed more than one shop vac this way.  I now have an $8 hair dryer pointed at my saws, mounted on the bench or on a floor lamp and that works very well for me.

Great idea Jim. It is amazing what you can come up with when you put your mind to it.

Cheers

Dave.
My parents must have been psychic, as a child they were always telling me to 'Cut It Out'. So they knew a long time ago that I would become a scroll saw artist.

Offline Raptor66

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2016, 07:33:52 pm »
That's a great idea Jim.  I repaired it again by removing the cracked piece on the end and reinstalled it.  We will see how long it lasts.  I found instructions from Steve I think from last summer.
Chris

Offline Jim-78028

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2016, 06:08:47 am »
Another option is the air pump from a fish tank

Offline Bill Wilson

• View Profile
    • Blazin' Blades Scrollers of Western PA
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2016, 03:37:02 pm »
Not really a very good answer to your question, but a fellow in our scrollsaw club has an old velocipede scrollsaw.  When he cuts on it, he blows through a drinking straw to clear the saw dust.  I tried it one time.  Between pedaling the saw and blowing the dust, you get pretty winded. 
Nobody ever worked so hard that milk squirted out of their nose.

SMF

Teknoromi