Author Topic: HeartKnob Pattern  (Read 1090 times)

Offline baggetta

• View Profile
HeartKnob Pattern
« on: January 21, 2020, 07:38:49 am »
The HeartKnob
Here's a little project for Valentine's Day.  You might want to make some of these little HeartKnobs for your scroll sawing Heartthrobs.  This is for people who might be finding it a little less easy to tighten that little black knob on their Excalibur, Pegas, or Dewalt (the list goes on).  Just insert this over the black knob and snug up your blade before cutting. Some people might find this a bit "heart wrenching" but others might use it and take your concern for them "to heart."  Your heart might "sink" when a blade breaks, but.... ENOUGH WITH THE HEART JOKES!.
Ok.  I hope you like this project.  I cut mine from 3/4" cherry and rounded the edges on my router -- you might want to do this if you are going to give it as a gift, but it can be cut from just about any wood.  Also might have to adjust the size of the insert hole, depending on how close you cut it.
You can download the pattern from my Free Pattern Page: http://baggetta.com/pebooks/puzzle_patterns.htm

Offline Intarsia92

• View Profile
Re: HeartKnob Pattern
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2020, 12:07:11 pm »
Great idea!!!   I made one a few years ago because the knob on my saw was too hard to turn tight enough to hold the blade.   
Al

Hegner 20" Polymax

Offline baggetta

• View Profile
Re: HeartKnob Pattern
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2020, 01:42:05 pm »
I guess we all get to that point in time.
Al B.

SMF

Teknoromi