Author Topic: Tool Review- Dw 788  (Read 3536 times)

countryscroller

Tool Review- Dw 788
« on: August 24, 2013, 07:07:48 am »
This is a segment I will be doing every 8th episode in the 10 episode series. Most of you own a DW, but I figured what better tool to start off the segment. In case you don't, I explain what this machine is good for and why you should buy it. Thanks for looking.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZhK-smaajo&feature=c4-overview&list=UULAxz24dFceU8bIyUf_SQDw

Offline EIEIO

• Be Prepared.
    • View Profile
    • RMHayes, LLC
Re: Tool Review- Dw 788
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 09:30:23 am »
Nice job boys, but you're missing something. Do you remember in Tim Allen's show "Home Improvement" he had a TV show called Tool Time sponsored by Binford Tools, and Pam Anderson was Lisa, his Tool Girl (followed by Heide played by Debbe Dunning).

You could round up the girls in your high school and have an audition for Tool Review Girl. They can be in your review videos to point out features of the tools, maybe show how easy it can be for a newcomer, and generally be an Internet star.
EX-21 arrived 2-1-2013!
Porter-Cable PCB370SS in the corner
Lancaster Ohio
Ray Hayes - RMHayes@RMHayes.US
www.RMHayes.US

Offline MadHatter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 02:36:23 pm »
Hi Dustin, I enjoyed the video and watched several others of yours and Dylan's. I also have moved from a craftsman to a dewalt scroll saw a few yrs ago and love the dewalt. Very nice videos, keep up the good work !!

countryscroller

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 05:07:27 pm »
Thank you

Offline mickey357

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2013, 09:18:01 pm »
Great video. Looking forward to the band saw review, that will be my next big purchase.

countryscroller

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2013, 09:49:47 pm »
Thanks, it has been a great help for me in the shop since I've gotten it.

Offline PigsFly

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2013, 08:39:50 am »
Nice job boys, but you're missing something. Do you remember in Tim Allen's show "Home Improvement" he had a TV show called Tool Time sponsored by Binford Tools, and Pam Anderson was Lisa, his Tool Girl (followed by Heide played by Debbe Dunning).

You could round up the girls in your high school and have an audition for Tool Review Girl. They can be in your review videos to point out features of the tools, maybe show how easy it can be for a newcomer, and generally be an Internet star.

Unlike most of us, I am guessing Dustin and Dylan are too young to remember Tim the Tool Man.
Doug

Take what you do seriously
Never take yourself too seriously

countryscroller

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2013, 08:41:02 am »
I have seen Home Improvement before, just forgot about.

Offline pieter

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2013, 11:53:46 pm »
Sure glad I switched forums from the "Scrollsaw" one. I would love to see a review of what is needed for a pneumatic 23 guage pin gun.  I have been looking around and trying to see just how small of a tank I can get away with, and just what minimums I should be looking for in a pin gun. I would be using it just for holding pressure when gluing boxes, or essembling scrollsaw projects, or even to create stacks for stack cutting.  Would like to be able to shoot at least a 1/2" and longer pins.

Pieter

countryscroller

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2013, 07:53:53 am »
Sure glad I switched forums from the "Scrollsaw" one. I would love to see a review of what is needed for a pneumatic 23 guage pin gun.  I have been looking around and trying to see just how small of a tank I can get away with, and just what minimums I should be looking for in a pin gun. I would be using it just for holding pressure when gluing boxes, or essembling scrollsaw projects, or even to create stacks for stack cutting.  Would like to be able to shoot at least a 1/2" and longer pins.

Pieter
  Glad you have joined us. Well that review won't be from me sorry. I have a Central Pneumatic 23 Ga. pin nailer, but it is all jammed up. I should have spent a little more and bought something from Lowes or something better than Harbor Freight. Well let's see here I might be a little help. I bought a little pancake air compressor to use for it and also little things like air in tires. It seemed to have a sufficient enough pressure to power the pin nailer when it did work.

Offline pieter

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2013, 12:13:09 pm »
Dustin, thanks for your comments; you are confirming my opinion that there is a fine line between those "small" compressors and those "large" shop compressors.  Regarding the pin gun, I think I would agree with you that I will spend a few more bucks and get a name brand.

Pieter

puzzlemaker

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2013, 02:43:07 pm »
Dustin, you can cut larger than 20" if you turn the blade around. Did you adapt the blade tightening screws? Looks different than my 788.

Pat

countryscroller

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2013, 03:18:39 pm »
Dustin, you can cut larger than 20" if you turn the blade around. Did you adapt the blade tightening screws? Looks different than my 788.

Pat
Yeah I have heard about doing that. Forgot to mention it also using a spiral blade can be bigger pieces than 20". The top thumb screw it a pattern that Steve Good made. Just a wooden adaption that goes over the black wing part of the thumb screw. I find it easier to tighten and loosen. You can also buy plastic ones with a bigger handle and use it for the thumb screw. After a few fretwork projects, my hand got tired of the little knob from turning it so much, so the bigger one is easier for me.

SMF

Teknoromi