Author Topic: gear shift knob for ford truck  (Read 1711 times)

emtdonald

gear shift knob for ford truck
« on: June 19, 2011, 11:06:36 pm »
Ok, you awsome pattern makers out there i'm
trying to come up with a pattern for a gear shift knob for a ford truck. i don't have a lathe so i'm going to have to use my scroll saw possibly my router and some sanding. any ideas would be great.

Offline knottywoodcrafts

• This a my home built scroll saw.
    • View Profile
Re: gear shift knob for ford truck
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 03:33:28 am »
I might be able to help you out if you provide me with more of an idea of what you are looking for
Hi my name is Tracy Ranson, my favorite quote is "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass.  It's about learning to dance in the rain."

Oges

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 05:12:07 pm »
Not sure what the shift knob on a ford truck looks like, but maybe you could base a design on this one that I found browsing the web.

You could always make the centre part thinner, and put 1/4 or 1/8 " timber on both sides and cut the word FORD or the logo into it and attach to the sides

Chachi

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 01:04:40 pm »
What kind are you looking for would it be your standard gear $&#% or Automatic shifter with a push button.. what would you like for it to say or look like (do you wan't it T or squared or even a circle) you see many options for our great pattern makers to need details of this for you...

Have you looked at Steves site to get any ideas? I have seen alot of them that could be transformed into an idea for one....

Good luck to you.

SMF

Teknoromi