Author Topic: Yard Sign Pattern Template?  (Read 1546 times)

mowerman1193

Yard Sign Pattern Template?
« on: September 23, 2014, 01:55:33 pm »
Friend asked me to make her a sign for her parents. I am having a hard time coming up with a sign template that is free and not all pix-elated when I get it to a desirable size.. Not real certain of the size actually but was thinking about 15-18 " long maybe 7-8 tall? Anyway I don't really want just a square/rectangle board sign.. like to have some shape to it..

If anyone can make, has, or knows where their are some good templates let me know. Or maybe just make me the pattern, LOL.. She wants it to say " The Reed's "..

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to offer..

Kevin     

Offline gordster

• Nova Scotia, Canada
    • View Profile
Re: Yard Sign Pattern Template?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 04:09:25 pm »
Hi Kevin  don't know if this will work or not pdf format...I cut the letters with table tilted about 4 degrees to the left and cut in ANTI clockwise direction That way eachletter will stick out about an eighth of inch or so..It measures about 17.5 inches so eagles will be a bit of hassel but if you cut the end perimeter 1st you will have no trouble..That assuming you have 16 inch saw,if larger no problem.I always stain the body dark walnut and paint the letters white.I put spar varnish on body but not on letters...I have a picture of one like this in gallery..anyways happy cutting...
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 04:15:07 pm by gordster »
Gordie

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 04:12:59 pm »
That turned out nice Gordster.
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

Offline gordster

• Nova Scotia, Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 04:16:41 pm »
thanks Dunk hope I explained it right
Gordie

mowerman1193

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 08:42:13 pm »
WOW!! That is a sweet pattern!! I will see if I can do this pattern any justice LOL.. Hey How thick of wood would you recommend?? I never thought about cutting on an angle method.. I was going to just cut it out and glue to a backer..

Thank you very much for taking the time to make this up for me,
Kevin

Offline gordster

• Nova Scotia, Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2014, 10:23:24 pm »
I use 3/4 inch pine , if you buy 1by6 you have the exact width as in pattern which is 5.5 inches. Good luck with it.
Gordie

SMF

Teknoromi