Author Topic: Watching Videos  (Read 1644 times)

Offline edward

• View Profile
    • eds scrollwork
Watching Videos
« on: April 05, 2012, 01:06:38 pm »
 Steve Good has Videos on his site about craft shows, tried to watch them on his site, and also U tube, and they are annoying, video stops every  10 seconds, and  this seems to turn me off, not only his site but others as well, not sure if there is a remedy to this  or not. This is only my opinion.  Edward

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Re: Watching Videos
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 02:08:28 pm »
That might have something to do with you internet connection. If you have a slow connection it will do that.

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 02:14:22 pm »
It's called buffering Edward.  When your connection speed is too slow the video stalls until sufficient data is downloaded to start up again.  Often you can avoid it by starting to play the video and then hitting the pause button.  Go have a cup of coffee or do something else for several minutes (or longer) and when you start the video again it will have downloaded enough to continue playing for a long time or until finished.
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

Offline tvman44

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 04:27:28 pm »
Your internet connection is too slow.
Bob Making sawdust in SW Louisiana with a
EX-21

Offline geneVG

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 10:43:28 pm »
I sure hope you do not have dialup.

gene
Gene Van Grevenhof

Offline jscott2

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2012, 08:23:19 am »
I also find videos occasionally stop and start but it probably isn't the web site I happen to be visiting.  I have a good high speed connection so it's more likely the Internet between the site and my computer.  I don't think there is a real solution, other than doing as Billthediver says.  Getting a high speed connection, if you don't have one, should help but it will not prevent all hesitations.

Enjoy the weekend,
Jim

« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 08:27:48 am by jscott2 »
Using a Delta 40-690 in the Montreal, Quebec (Canada) area

Graywolf

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2012, 10:02:35 am »
It could be your video card also.

Offline slowcutter

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2012, 10:33:31 am »
No matter if you have a very fast connection it will only go as fast as the slowest server that it goes through
JP

S - ee
M - iracles
I - n
L - ife
E - veryday

Offline edward

• View Profile
    • eds scrollwork
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2012, 01:41:48 pm »
 Thanks for the help, I have Verizon high speed internet. What is considered normal upload and download speed, if anyone knows.  Edward

Spartan scroller

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2012, 05:40:44 pm »
The problem I found with this video is that the audio is so poor.  Really over driven and distorted.  That's the fault of the videographer (word of the day).  It's a shame because there are some good concepts and ideas there but the poor audio makes it look really amaturish.  Steve's own videos are far superior to this guy.

SMF

Teknoromi