Author Topic: What kind of music do you listen to  (Read 4573 times)

cherie

What kind of music do you listen to
« on: May 26, 2010, 10:49:05 am »
While we are on the subject of workshops and all, what kind of music does everyone listen to?  I myself am into metal rock.  My favorite group is Disturbed.  Yep you can blame my son Chris and Dragon Ball Z for that.  LOL

Dragonlord85

Re: What kind of music do you listen to
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 10:55:15 am »
Mine depends on what kind of mood I am in. I listen to rock. metal, country just whatever floats my boat for that day.

tgaspard

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 11:27:20 am »
Country, Classic Country, and Classic Rock are what we listen to when we are out in the shop.....

Tonya

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 11:28:55 am »
For me, it depends what kind of mood I am in.  I love classical music and Rachmoninoff's 2nd Piano Concerto is one of my favorite, along with Mozart, Chopin and Beethovan. (I like to listen to Classical when I write because there are no words to sing to when I try to write!) I also love "80's Rock" and oldies like the Eagles, etc.  I do like rap, like Eminem and Tech N9ne.  Tech is amazing at his ability to talk (sing) so fast!  I love Blues too, from the Blues Brother's soundtrack to BB King to Eric Clapton (who I am listening to now).  Pink Floyd is classic.  Nat King Cole is amazing. Christina Agularia has a voice that sends chills up my spine.  Death Cab for Cutie is mellow and thoughtful music.  (and so on, and so on . . . !)

I have over 8000 tracks on my computer and music is on all the time!  Much more than TV because I can scroll and work with it on!  

Life without music would be so empty, don't you think?

Rock on!  Sheila
Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Designer, Artist, Teacher
Owner, Sheila Landry Designs
www.sheilalandrydesigns.com
Knowledge Is Power

Rightarm

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 11:48:19 am »
    Oldies Rock. Everything from the Beatles to Frank Zappa. Dave 8)

cherie

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 12:15:46 pm »
Sheila, only 800 tracks?  We have well over 2000.  LOL!!!  Jaun and I have combined all our tastes and it ranges from metal rock, to 80's, classical, country, and much more.  Let me know if there is anything you need and I can check our data base and see if we have it.   I do have to agree with the classical stuff.  No words, means a lot and easier to concentrate by.

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2010, 12:19:15 pm »
No, Cherie.  You missed a zero! :)  8000!  My last computer only had a 4gb hard drive.  I thought that was so cool!  now I have about 2TB LOL!  What did we ever do without our computers????  :)

Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Designer, Artist, Teacher
Owner, Sheila Landry Designs
www.sheilalandrydesigns.com
Knowledge Is Power

Offline MadHatter

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2010, 12:25:39 pm »
im pretty versatile, i was raised on southern gospel, and bluegrass/country music, but i also like doowop, oldies 50s thru some 80s, jazz, classical, some metal music, and blues. by the way, my sons thinks im cool cause i like and listen to ozzy lol.

Dustyknees

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2010, 01:28:08 pm »
Love to scroll to classical,Mozart,Bach,Chopan,etc..

Offline crusty59

• View Profile
    • Wood Crafts by Chris
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2010, 01:38:52 pm »
I like rock and county and oldies, but country seems to get me motivated to get some sawdust flying

Christina

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2010, 04:04:23 pm »
Generally I've had to work at my kitchen table...........in OK it was in my living room lol.  So mostly I just listened to whatever was on tv.  But IF I had a shop I would listen to classic rock, some country, blues, folk.........even some classical.  Just really depends on the mood of the moment lol.
Christina

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2010, 04:42:59 pm »
Country, country, and ,,,,,,oh yeah country. An maybe a little bit of Cable TV or DVD Movies mixed in there.  :o
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Joesawdust

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2010, 04:57:59 pm »
Rockabilly, classic southern rock, early rock- 50's and 60's stuff, some old blues, some outlaw country.

northie66

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2010, 05:59:04 pm »
Does Joesawdust like Brian Setzer?  I have all his stuff :)

I like classic rock and hard rock.  I grew up in the 80s (born in 66) but I hate most 80s music.  My favorites are The Who, Zeppelin, Pearl Jam, Chevelle, Green Day.  I like some alternative too though... Cage the Elephant, Weezer..........

I love music....

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2010, 09:16:01 pm »
How about Keiko Matsui, Enya, David Arkenstone, The Pearl, Jim Brickman, I could go on but I hear the booing in the back ground...LOL

I also like oldies and country....
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

SMF

Teknoromi