Author Topic: Saw in the Basement  (Read 5230 times)

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Re: Saw in the Basement
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2011, 12:17:14 pm »
Hey Bill!
That WOULD be tough...the wood would keep floating away!
Not to mention the problems with the electricity!

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline Dakota Saw Dust

• Sioux Falls, South Dakota, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2011, 02:11:25 pm »
Our unfinished basement is MY WIFE'S book storage.  The library of congress has a couple less books. ;)  Any of my scroll saw dust would not be allowed. Soooo - I partitioned off one of the three stalls in the garage, insulated the doors, installed an overhead gas heater, and dress warmer.  When temps drop below 32 it gets to costly to heat, so I only go out when my mental health requires it - [most of the time].  My friend Silver Sliver has the best of both worlds.  He lives here in Sioux Falls, SD 9 months of the year and then early Dec. he goes to Fld. for 3 months and stays with one of his son - and scrolls down there. Equipment in two states.  Now that living.  :) :) :)

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2011, 03:08:40 pm »
Keefie, I guess I could break out my old scuba gear, but scrolling could get a little cumbersome under water.

look at the bright side: with all that water you don't have any sawdust problems.....
Marcel

sometimes I make designer firewood....

Graywolf

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2011, 04:29:10 pm »
Have the saw in the basement and been cutting. It is nice having the saw there. I used Steve's Ipad holder plans and made my daughter a pot holder. This is about my third or fourth project. It is made from ceder scraps from my daugters deck she built. So it is 3/4 consturcion grade. I used the top part of steve's plan and then put buttons on the bottom. I was going to countersink the buttons, but I just glued them. I thought glueing the buttons would allow more air flow. I didn't finish it because I thought the heat from a hot pan or bowel would destroy the finish.

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2011, 05:46:29 pm »
Nice adaptation there. I like it!
Dan In Southern California

SMF

Teknoromi