Author Topic: Show Report  (Read 1132 times)

tux_linux

Show Report
« on: November 27, 2011, 01:31:09 pm »
Hey!

To say it direct - what a f** bummer!

Big show. Nearly 100 sellers. Just some wood people, one with laser cut stuff (pretty small stand) one with wooden toys (way to big to sell them there).
Had a stand right in the center of the show. Great position! Also no big build up stands aside of me. you know, the kind of stand you like to have on shows.
So I thought it would be a pretty neat day.

Well, money count showed after subtracting the fee I made fantastic 50 Euro (~66$). What a bummer! Sale was hard, people kept passing by with comments like "look  - beautiful ornaments!" or "look at this stuff - all hand made. How cute!". But not much of a sale.

Sold some wordart, some of my new big ornaments (will post about it later). Also the window hangers. 2 or 3 candle trays. The small ornaments for the Christmas tree that sold so great last week - I sold 4(!).

I have listed for the show in March there - but I think I will pass that ticket back to the organisation. It's not worth the action.

Click on pictures for big view

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Re: Show Report
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 01:43:56 pm »
Sorry to hear about your lack of sales...same result I had last year at a similar show and I decided to not do anymore...

Just too many folks who do not appreciate what we do!

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 04:35:50 pm »
Well that is just poopy(for want of the other word).  It looks like you had great things.  Sometimes bigger shows are to full Of "buy sell" crap. Don't give up. I won't do a show if I can't have a wall to my back.

I'm from North Dakota

daliclimbs

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 06:39:30 pm »
Shows can be frustrating.. we don't have a lot in my area. So I usually do pretty well. But I have been skunked just as many times..

tux_linux

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, 07:03:21 pm »
true.
I was really hoping for this show.
It was a big one, even for a city like Munich. It was said to be a good one and the organization was great.
I'm quite disappointed. I have sold more via my web shops in the last week. Even the darn cold street sale last week was better.

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2011, 08:25:17 pm »
Nice looking stand Torsten sorry you didn't do well, its not easy, it is having the rite stuff
Jimbo

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2011, 12:22:54 am »
Thats a bummer Torsten, and you had some beautiful things on the table.  All I can say is they don't know what they are missing out on.

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

Offline heiko rettberg

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2011, 01:38:57 am »
Hey Torsten, soory to here abaout, but that is what i have told you. It is very difficult here in Germany to sold some things, beside you live in the Erzgebirge.
I was this weekend also on an Christmas baazar and what shall i say, it was a nice day where i must pay for.

tux_linux

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2011, 02:15:13 am »
ARGS! I think some others have not made the cut around me too. That's not nice.

But I don't give up that easily. I'm just starting and will count this as a lesson learned.
I think I'll have to figure out the right markets. I will try to get to other events where I'm more exclusive selling. The surrounding has to be right.
Also did I show some presence, handed out some cards and had some nice talks about individual projects. Let's see what comes around.

math2010

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2011, 12:50:59 pm »
I think people now prefer to buy some cheap ornaments from the dollar store than something handmake. They don't consider the time, the talent and the quality of what people make. They go for cheap. That's sad!

tux_linux

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2011, 06:43:13 pm »
na, not always. I had a sale last week where I sold a lot of ornaments: The cold afternoon
But that was another situation, there was no other seller around.

We need to consider that also other sellers make ornaments with different material.

And an interesting thought from a friend: Christmas shows around 1. Advent or later do not sell so good because People already fetched their Christmas Decoration from their storage - and now that they have some. Selling in November could therefor work better. sounds logical.

SMF

Teknoromi