Author Topic: Ex21 Poll  (Read 3474 times)

Offline termite

• View Profile
Re: Ex21 Poll
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2011, 10:46:54 pm »
Judy keep us updated on the Delta

Offline spiderman

• Spiderman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2011, 08:13:43 pm »
strange. Where is the vibration coming from?

- Have you all bolted the saw to the stand?
- are there any bearings loose? any bolts loose (inside?).

Seems to be a similar problem on some saws. So there must be a similar solution to that.

I took it in to get it fix. I don't know just started i'm getting &*^^ at the saw and the dewalt dw788 aslo have a loud noise and vibration is getting worst I had it in once and the guy never fix it.
on that dewalt dw788 scroll saw I got new chucks for it and that shutup the scroll saw for a few months and stop all the vibration.     i'll try to get back to you guys on what is going on and once I find out i'll send judy a message as well on what was gong on with her saw as well and then maybe she well got back and get a ex-21 and take back the dother saw back to acmetools.

SPIDERMAN THE KING OF THE WEB

ShadowB6

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2011, 10:05:25 am »
As stated earlier, my EX21 has little to no vibration. When I bought it, General International had a promotion on and the saw was less money if you took the stand with it, even though I thought I didn't need it. But what the heck, I ended up taking the stand and am thrilled I did. Before setting it all up, I bolted a 1/4" piece of plywood on top of the stand that extends on each side. This gives me a 12" shelf on each side of the stand to hold tools. Halfway down the stand I inserted a 1/2" piece of plywood to create another shelf to rest my feet. I also put my foot pedal there. This plywood is bolted to the the cross pieces of the frame of the stand. I believe this also helps to keep everything sturdy.

Mike

Offline spiderman

• Spiderman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2011, 04:45:18 pm »
 :o I did take the stand and the foot pedal.   
SPIDERMAN THE KING OF THE WEB

Offline Northerner

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2012, 11:16:34 pm »
when i first got into woodworking i found an 18" Hegner on CL for $75 but i didnt like the vibration i got from
that saw so i sold it and i bought my next saw which was a new DW788 and i loved that saw except for the
vibration and it was before i found all the great sites with the info on how to fix the 788 problems so i sold it
and found an RBI Hawk 214 way cheap and i liked that saw a lot except for having to reach way back all the
time to flip the tension lever to start the blade changing operation which sucked so i sold that and found a
used EX-21 for a very good price and except for a few little problems like blade changing i have been really
happy ever since and of course you cant find better customer service from Ray @ Seyco anywhere!
I love the smell of sawdust in the morning!

SMF

Teknoromi