Author Topic: Ex21 Poll  (Read 3473 times)

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
Ex21 Poll
« on: November 25, 2011, 12:55:09 am »
I would like to know how many of you have an Ex21 and what was your last saw?

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
Re: Ex21 Poll
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 01:14:29 am »
Why
Jimbo

Offline BigPete

• Bonnie Scotland !
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 02:14:26 am »
I have an ex21 and my last was a hegner  but what i would like to know how many of the ex21 owners have excess vibration when the speed is turned up and what they have done to sort it ?? mine is fine till i get to about half speed then it really starts to vibrate, have tried moving the motor but it only seems to get worse! Peter
War does not determine who is right - Only who is left !

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 07:52:02 am »
I have an EX21.  My first saw was an 18" Dremel.  I used to do demos at the Home Depot on the Ryobi.  When I first got my EX21, i cut most thing at near full speed.  I didn't slow down until a lengthy discussion thread on this forum on the subject.  Even at full speed, I have very little vibration.

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 10:41:56 am »
I am now using an ex21 and really like it.  My former saw which I still have is a dw788.
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

Bill P

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2011, 05:27:07 pm »
I have an EX-30 (does that count?).  My last saw was a DW788.

Bill

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2011, 01:33:47 am »
Jimbo I was just wondering, thats all.  I'm not gonna try to sell you something.  LOL  :D
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

Offline Crabbyboater

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2011, 01:18:06 pm »
Started with a DW788, then got a great deal on a Hawk 220vs so sold the DW788.  Then started to worry about future parts needs for the Hawk, sold it and bought the EX21 which I love and am through "trading up".
Your web footed friend in Seattle, WA.

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2011, 08:30:01 pm »
I said that for a laugh Marg, I have a Ex 21 and it was fine until it blew a main bearing and franchise dealers cant get going as it was it vibrates at just over half speed and while I don't much faster than that it should be as I bought it, my previous saw was a Ryobi a pile of junk
Jimbo

ShadowB6

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2011, 11:04:00 am »
My 21" Excalibur is probably the best money I've ever spent on a woodworking tool. I can put a $1 coin (Canadian Loonie) on the table, put the speed up to full and the coin remains standing on edge. It may shake a bit, but not much. I started with a single speed 16" Ryobi, moved to a 18" Dremel and then my Excalibur. Much the same as JulieF.

Mike

navymancdf

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2011, 12:09:55 pm »
I have a ACE brand saw i have had it less then a week. i been reasearching into other brands i think next year i am  going to get a excalibur from what i have been reading they seem to be really good and i have not heard a complaint about them.

Offline spiderman

• Spiderman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2011, 08:19:36 pm »
I have an ex21 and my last was a hegner  but what i would like to know how many of the ex21 owners have excess vibration when the speed is turned up and what they have done to sort it ?? mine is fine till i get to about half speed then it really starts to vibrate, have tried moving the motor but it only seems to get worse! Peter

Yep on mine too when i'm just about just before hitting the full speed it starts to vibrate really bad until I turn it down or turn it up at full speed.   nothing i do works i'm going to call the ex-21 company and ask why.  I might take it back to acmetools and ask for a replacement I had mine for about 3 months or so.   
SPIDERMAN THE KING OF THE WEB

tux_linux

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2011, 04:48:46 am »
strange. Where is the vibration coming from?

- Have you all bolted the saw to the stand?
- are there any bearings loose? any bolts loose (inside?).

Seems to be a similar problem on some saws. So there must be a similar solution to that.

Offline cdrover(Clyde)

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2011, 11:30:11 am »
I am getting a EX21 for Christmas ;D, according to Mrs Claus ;). I am hoping that it will be all that I expect it to be. Some people have described it as the Cadallac of scroll saws, I hope so. But this vibration makes me worried. My current saw is a Ryobi, and it is giving me trouble. I recently replaced the lower blade clamp but many of the blades I replace are broken off at the lower clamp. I did not motice this before. ???
What are we here for but to help others. (Author unknown)
Clyde

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2011, 01:49:40 pm »
I wanted a new saw just because.. I bought an EX-21, took it back and bought the Delta (which is exactly like the DeWalt 788 except it is grey and a LOT cheaper.  (sold my old DeWalt for $325.00)
I'm from North Dakota

SMF

Teknoromi